\m/ Metal Pickup Love?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by yankeebulldog, May 16, 2014.

1. yankeebulldog

yankeebulldog I don't like to get that specific

So after getting my Floyd Custom 24, I was really blown away by the \m/ pickups. I wasn't exactly sure if it was the maple neck, ebony, floyd, etc. on the guitar affecting the tone so I decided to get a set for my newly acquired Mc58. I like them just as much in this guitar. Great cleans and hard rock/metal tones.

[​IMG]

Anyone else really liking these?

2. Bufford T

Bufford T Utter ****

I love them, they're not just a \m/ pickup though... not sure PRS should not have called it something else.
    also cleans up really nicely via the volume pot, pretty versatile.

3. BrianC

BrianC more toys than talent

This is surprising to me as I did not really like them when I tried them out at MA Pete's - you and I usually have the same taste in tones....

4. yankeebulldog

yankeebulldog I don't like to get that specific

I wonder if part of that might have been the Brazzy rosewood neck on that particular guitar? I personally don't care of the tone of rosewood neck. It might have played a big factor in this. I'm still a big fan of the 59/09 in my Teds, but I do like the metal pickups for more modern tones. I agree they are very versatile, but for higher gain tones they tend to hold together better than the 59/09 bridge for my taste at least.

5. kevorkianMetal

kevorkianMetal New Member

6. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

I would like to get a set of these pickups but the only way I can see installing them into a guitar would be to buy an old PRS guitar and then do a pickup swap. I prefer the sound of the newer PRS pickups (which I think all of my PRS guitars have).

7. vchizzle

vchizzle Birdman.

I dig em. I still need a neck pickup though. Have the bridge pickup in my McStd.