\m/ Metal Pickup Love?

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
So after getting my Floyd Custom 24, I was really blown away by the \m/ pickups. I wasn't exactly sure if it was the maple neck, ebony, floyd, etc. on the guitar affecting the tone so I decided to get a set for my newly acquired Mc58. I like them just as much in this guitar. Great cleans and hard rock/metal tones.

Anyone else really liking these?

I love them, they're not just a \m/ pickup though... not sure PRS should not have called it something else.
also cleans up really nicely via the volume pot, pretty versatile.

This is surprising to me as I did not really like them when I tried them out at MA Pete's - you and I usually have the same taste in tones....

This is surprising to me as I did not really like them when I tried them out at MA Pete's - you and I usually have the same taste in tones....

I wonder if part of that might have been the Brazzy rosewood neck on that particular guitar? I personally don't care of the tone of rosewood neck. It might have played a big factor in this. I'm still a big fan of the 59/09 in my Teds, but I do like the metal pickups for more modern tones. I agree they are very versatile, but for higher gain tones they tend to hold together better than the 59/09 bridge for my taste at least.

I would like to get a set of these pickups but the only way I can see installing them into a guitar would be to buy an old PRS guitar and then do a pickup swap. I prefer the sound of the newer PRS pickups (which I think all of my PRS guitars have).

I dig em. I still need a neck pickup though. Have the bridge pickup in my McStd.

Back