Low volume distortion\overdrive suggestions?

I would suggest an HX stomp or HX effects into the front of your amp. They both have the same al of Helix effects, basically every overdrive / distortion so you'll have everything to chose from, but the stomp has all the helix amp modelling too. HX is built like a tank and has scribble strips, stomp is pedal sized and can run less things at the same time.
The amp models are best into an FRFR cabinet or studio monitors but folk do run them into a clean amp too.

For pickups you can add gain stages, I'm sure you can get there from low output.

Great suggestions and insight. Thanks a bunch.

Anyone mind critiquing my stock tone? Apologies if I've pushed this and worn out my welcome, but some feedback would certainly be appreciated and may even help guide a gear decision.

Yep, the tone is in the fingers and I can definitely use some work, but I'd like to see if this is remotely close to what I described in the 1st post and how to make it better.

Setup: PRS SE Santana, SE 245 pickups, .09 strings, into a Fender Mustang III 1x12 on the "British 80s" setting. Recorded with a phone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFxEiqKge1V/?igshid=150ghrmswfz3y

Sounds good.
“British 80’s” gets that Iron Maiden/Judas Priest vibe for sure.
What other settings are there? I’m not familiar with your amp.

Boss Katana will do everything you want, at whisper to thunder volumes.

It also takes pedals very well if you don't love its various dirt options.

yhOPiMe.jpg

Amen to that....I throw a half dozen pedals at it including a Bogner red Ecstasy OD and it obeys, even when tweaking in from laptop.

Great suggestions and insight. Thanks a bunch.

Anyone mind critiquing my stock tone? Apologies if I've pushed this and worn out my welcome, but some feedback would certainly be appreciated and may even help guide a gear decision.

Yep, the tone is in the fingers and I can definitely use some work, but I'd like to see if this is remotely close to what I described in the 1st post and how to make it better.

Setup: PRS SE Santana, SE 245 pickups, .09 strings, into a Fender Mustang III 1x12 on the "British 80s" setting. Recorded with a phone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFxEiqKge1V/?igshid=150ghrmswfz3y
Dig the playin'!

Sounds good.
“British 80’s” gets that Iron Maiden/Judas Priest vibe for sure.
What other settings are there? I’m not familiar with your amp.
I just listened again with better speakers.
That tone works just fine for what you're after. You can hear in the palm mutes.
(First time quoting myself!)

I just listened again with better speakers.
That tone works just fine for what you're after. You can hear in the palm mutes.
(First time quoting myself!)

Thanks! Maybe I'll just stick to practicing more and try a used pedal or two. It's always tempting to build out a new rig.

Back