Low serial numbers - lets see what ya got

I also heard and saw movies where the "666" thing is "supposed to be" 999" .
I do plan to tell PRS, when I order my guitar, not to give me a serial number with any of those sequential numbers in it.

Many scholars agree that the reference to 666 was code for the Roman emperor Nero, who murdered lots of Christians, and held them responsible for the fire in Rome. Neron Caesar written in Hebrew produces the number 666.

You can imagine how early Christians related to the dude who was murdering them, but speaking out against an emperor was a guaranteed way to get executed, so code was necessary.

I don't believe in supernatural beings, so I regard this stuff as interesting historical trivia and nothing more, but I enjoy reading about it.

At the risk of ruining someone's perception of the occult (and more than a few metal fantasies), I'll let you in on what the number 666 really was intended to mean. I've seen no one explain it better than these guys.

Long live Caesar...

Many scholars agree that the reference to 666 was code for the Roman emperor Nero, who murdered lots of Christians, and held them responsible for the fire in Rome. Neron Caesar written in Hebrew produces the number 666.

You can imagine how early Christians related to the dude who was murdering them, but speaking out against an emperor was a guaranteed way to get executed, so code was necessary.

I don't believe in supernatural beings, so I regard this stuff as interesting historical trivia and nothing more, but I enjoy reading about it.
Well there goes my Black Metal career
makeup-gorgoroth.jpg

:p

Nero fiddled while Rome burned and the Devil went down to Georgia ("I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too"). That's proof enough for me. :)

One of the fringes of collector lunacy is interest in low serial numbers. I am not only guilty of this trait, I'm also proud of some of the junk I've accumulated. But to keep this PRS-centric, let's keep this game limited to PRS and models that exceeded 5000 in production.

In one of my other threads about collecting, I think it was Garrett that mentioned looking for a low serial number first year Santana SE. I've had that on my to-do list since for a long time, and found B00369 yesterday on the bay. All original, Royal Blue and in perfect condition. What does this low number mean to me? It represents the first month of SE line production. I've owned probably a dozen other guits made by WMIC, but SEs represent the high end of what that factory produces. SE line could have crashed, burned, and have been a memory like the EGs - but not only did the venture work, it worked well.

I'm hoping to do a similar comparison with a very low numbered Standard 24 from Indonesia. If anyone ever sees one under #100, please let me know about it :)

Some others:

1986 Standard #1508
1988 CE #341

Hello. I have been reading this forum on and off but I am not a PRS collector so I have little to contribute. Anyway, I have a Made in Indonesia PRS SE Standard 24 with a low serial number: I did not buy it because it has a low number. It came this way by chance.

I searched for information on how to include a photograph here but the links that I found directed me to invalid old forum addresses.

Best wishes to everyone

Last edited:
hey folks, you see what happens when you infuse numberology (not to be confused with auctual numerology) into one of my threads? Ye hath summoned a new Forum member!

hey Charlie, cool find! I suspect that is PRS SE #5 off the Indonesia line. What do you think of it?

I use photobucket.com for image hosting. Upload your pic to an image hosting site, then take the url of that image and use the postcard button above (next to the emoticon button).

Thank you for your welcome and your easy to follow instructions for including a photo.

I was not sure if the 1A prefix in the serial number is region specific, relating to the area of export. Europe, in my case. If it really is number five of this model, well hey ho.

I bought this guitar used online with just some fuzzy pictures and a description to go by. The previous owner was very communicative pre-sale and wrote that he had not played it much, and he was not lying. Barely any pick marks on the top and totally ding free. No fret-ware at all. Better than what you can be offered as new in shops, sometimes. The trem had been messed with and this took me some time to get it right - it is almost perfect now. I had to learn about knife-edges, and so on :) The push-pull tone-pot shaft spins too freely, very little physical resistance in operation. Thankfully it is at the rear of things so it is not easily moved accidentally when playing. In a onstage situation this could be a problem but I only play at home now. Second hand so I am not complaining .I should change this pot but if anybody knows of an easy fix?

Last edited:
Hahaha! One of three. I got into music, my middle brother Robert got into art...here's one of his oil paintings, called "Intelligent Design."

At first glance, I thought maybe that was your brother drawing on a chalk board. Wasn't till I looked at the floorboards did I realize the entire thing was the painting. Great work!

Back