Loving my A20E

Deirdre Hebert

And so does the engineer I'm working with.

I'm recording my first record, and my engineer is a Taylor guy all the way. I started work with my SE Angelus A20E, and he tried it out. Every session he comments that "This is a GREAT guitar". He said that he often will tell folks he's working with that he can't work with their guitars - intonation might be off, they won't stay in tune, etc. He'll hand them one of his Taylors to use instead.

But recording with my A20E has been a pleasure. I play finger style, and while he usually uses two condenser mics for recording acoustics, we're using a combination of the internal pickup and a single condenser up around the 19th fret, and the sound is just beautiful.

From the first time I played it, this is a guitar that seems to want to be played, and it's getting more from me than I knew I could give - it's made me a better player - and I've been playing for quite a while.

Thanks!

Nice! I'm always playing around with mic configurations for acoustics - I'll have to try the internal/19th thing.

Nice! I'm always playing around with mic configurations for acoustics - I'll have to try the internal/19th thing.
Well, I got the rough edit of the first song last night - and the picking sounds great. At another part of this track, there is a mix of a picked and a strummed track, and it is lusciously rich.

Thanks for sharing this. Most of us haven’t gotten to try one of these yet. I’m very interested to try one.

Congrats, and good luck with you sessions!

Back