Loving all kinds of guitars (random discussion thread)

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
One thing I've learned from this forum is that although I don't necessarily want or have GAS for all or most of the guitars that show up here, I generally still really have a lot of envy for them. I'm starting to really dig different PRSi. I love seeing them pop up and hearing about them on the forum, even if I don't necessarily have a desire to own them.

Eriza verde and violet guitars, some of the really blinged out PS guitars. Gold tops. DGT, singlecuts, korina Mccartys. Some of the flavors I love but still don't really "want".

Maybe I'm just growing into the GAS... Hopefully not.

I love the idea of some of the models but don't have GAS for them. The 513 for example, I love the versatility and just the idea of it but I don't have a need for all of those tones in my playing. So I am glad they are there but not motivated to pursue one.

I love the idea of some of the models but don't have GAS for them. The 513 for example, I love the versatility and just the idea of it but I don't have a need for all of those tones in my playing. So I am glad they are there but not motivated to pursue one.

Yeah I'm starting to get more of this. Santana is another one that I love seeing but not super interested in owning (for now). I love @bodia 's bruise burst Santana, I love seeing pictures of that thing.

My goal is to get one of each style so to speak at the moment I believe I am short a Single Cut , a Hollow body , a Santana

Yeah I'm starting to get more of this. Santana is another one that I love seeing but not super interested in owning (for now). I love @bodia 's bruise burst Santana, I love seeing pictures of that thing.

You'll be happy to know that I pulled it off of Reverb. Decided to keep it. A fellow forum member reached out to see if I was interested in some special pickups he had. I jumped at the chance to get them for the Bruise Burst. Shipped it off to the PTC a couple of weeks ago to have the pick ups installed, and some other work. It'll be back in 14 weeks!

One thing I've learned from this forum is that although I don't necessarily want or have GAS for all or most of the guitars that show up here, I generally still really have a lot of envy for them. I'm starting to really dig different PRSi. I love seeing them pop up and hearing about them on the forum, even if I don't necessarily have a desire to own them.

Eriza verde and violet guitars, some of the really blinged out PS guitars. Gold tops. DGT, singlecuts, korina Mccartys. Some of the flavors I love but still don't really "want".

Maybe I'm just growing into the GAS... Hopefully not.

That about sums up why I'm here! I just love all these dang guitars. If I had a lot of money, and nobody to talk me out of it, I'd line the walls of my house with 'em.

Luckily, my GAS remains limited to what I reason that I "need" in terms of sound and feel. I can get that out of just a few great guitars.

I went on a binge starting in November of last year. I bought up a bunch. Now that the dust has settled a bit, I realize that (for me) it's all about the 57/08, 22 frets, a 25" scale and a solid body. I ended up selling two that I NEVER played - the Gold Top Semi-Hollow and the SAS NF. No sense in hording them if I was never gonna play them. Now I have a solid stable that gets a lot of love, and while I like seeing different models and colors, I am GAS free for the first time in my life.

I am sure that eventually I will want something else (I am thinking my next one will be my PS concept....), but for now I am good to go.

You'll be happy to know that I pulled it off of Reverb. Decided to keep it. A fellow forum member reached out to see if I was interested in some special pickups he had. I jumped at the chance to get them for the Bruise Burst. Shipped it off to the PTC a couple of weeks ago to have the pick ups installed, and some other work. It'll be back in 14 weeks!

Honestly, yeah that does make me pretty happy. I'm calling dibs if you decide to sell it down the road but hang on to it because it may be a few years

Back