Lots of love to the PTC and PRS' customer support!

Spikedog007

Life is good, it really is.
I wanted to wait to tell this story until I got the guitar back, but now that I have and it looks great, here goes...

I bought a Pauls Guitar new sometime last summer and shortly after noticed the finish along the edge of the fretboard looked like it was bubbling up.. Here 's a couple pics

IMG_6317_resize.jpg

IMG_6316_resize.jpg

I first thought I was being too picky since it was barely visible and couldn't be felt. Then PM'd a fellow forum member since I recalled he had a similar issue with his Sig limited and he said just contact PRS customer support, they did a total refin on his and it turned out perfect.

I did just that and then sent some pictures. Soon after they sent a UPS truck to pickup the guitar. After checking it out they said they also would need to do a total refin.

It took about 2 months all said and done but the guitar is back now and it looks wonderful. It actually looks identical to the way it did minus the finish flaw. I'm definitely a happy camper and very pleased!

IMG_5090_resize.jpg

PRS is the best man, hands down! Best musical products on the planet and customer service! And the PTC that makes it all possible! They have had 2 of my guitars and done amazing work, have another going there this year after I get a Archon :)

When PRS told me it was going to be a total refin, I came very close to asking for a different color. I'm now glad I stuck with the original copper!

It seriously doesn't bother me as I'm used to ruining every guitar I touch :flute: but does anybody know why/how this happens? I wanna think it's because I'm just that badass and I'm rockin' the finish off with my devastatingly wicked riffage.

PS- I've already dropped the guitar ( sorry Mike!) and scratched the sh!t outta it from playing it.. and the fact that it hasn't left my side since I bought it in November probably helped it along.

PPS- Yes indeed the PTC does absolutely rule as does PRS customer service... They even treat warranty voiding knuckleheads like me as a first-class customer.

Back