loss of level in volume

g.wizz

Nabs
Hello brothers
As many of you know that a split/tapped HB pickup will lose some volume level to a varying degree
when in SC mode.
I have a Ted DC with 57/08's that I love but when I use the push pull tone pot to split them
there's a loss in volume to a point I'm using a clean boost pedal (mini Spark) to compensate.
So is there a mod I can do to boost the signal while retaining the sound of the pickups?
I live outside the US and can't send the guitar to PTC, I'm thinking of adding the mod
here if that is feasible.
Thanks for any suggestion, much Appreciated.

Do the DGT-style resistor circuit instead.

This!

But first check that everything is ok in your wiring though... Does the volume drop more than in your 513?
I like the volume drop when splitting a humbucker, I use it to clean up the sound for lower volume parts and then go full humbucker blast for louder parts...

Yup, resistor wiring is the way to go. There will still be a little drop in output, but not as drastic.

PRS use 2.2k bridge and 1.1k neck, but you can buy a bunch of 1/4 Watt resistors (they're very cheap) of various values and experiment to see what you like best. Higher value = less signal cancellation, less output drop, less single coil tone.

I bought the guitar 3 years ago and I guess it was wired this way not modded by the original owner
the drop in volume is way more than the 513's (which I have no problem with)
but I think I'd do what @garrett suggested it's the cheapest and quickest way
and resistors are readily available in my country.

Thanks a bunch brothers

Back