Looper dooper . . .

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
I recently acquired a looper, never had one before but hey, these things are fantastic! But you probably knew that already? I really couldn't figure it out at first, the double tapping foxed me a tad so I went on the tube and found a ton of useful stuff and tonight came across Justin's 'how to' regards loopers. None of the ones he mentions are the same as mine but his instructions worked for me.

There's some good guitar work as well, worth a watch.

I have two loopers - one is the Hotone Wally looper, a really small single button looper - need to double tap for stop, press and hold for erase will start the loop a short bit, so a bit awkward for live playing but great for home practice.

Thus, my second looper, the EHX 720 - two buttons, one for record/play/overdub, another for stop, and press-hold without playing. A bit bigger, but worth the pedalboard real estate. Plus 10 slots to record, which is nice when I have a bunch of ideas all at once, I can slap them down and then either record them to my phone or just write them down (or erase them....).

I have a couple, the ditto, and the older generation Digitech two switch pedal. The digitech has many more features and storage, but it doesn't sound as good as the ditto. I had one of the first batch of bad hotone Wally's that made all the white noise, but apparently that has been sorted out, but I am still gunshy of them. I really liked the Wally, it was smooth, articulate, and sounded to my ears better than both the ditto and the Digitech, when it worked.

Having a (guitar) looper has kinda ruined an avenue of creativity for me. I used to open Logic and make a quick backing track to wank over that would occasionally turn into songs. Now I just hit the looper and wind up erasing the idea I was working on when I turn it off. :oops:

Having a (guitar) looper has kinda ruined an avenue of creativity for me. I used to open Logic and make a quick backing track to wank over that would occasionally turn into songs. Now I just hit the looper and wind up erasing the idea I was working on when I turn it off. :oops:
Well stop doing that. Or record the wanking over the loop.

Save button, you moron.

Says the moron who does the exact same thing.

Back