Looks like the PRS Stoptail is being phased out?

It was explained to me (I have spies) that Paul did not like the adjustable saddles. I was told that he thought the movable parts reduced sustain.
I understood that, actually, what I meant was the above.

I also appreciate "general" intonation -- I did not know that.

Also, I forgot to ask -- I'm sure the differences would be minor, and certainly beyond my ability to hear -- how much do you think it'd be off? Cents? Less than a cent?

Now that I know that 99% of all PRSses are 25" scale, I imagine that's one variable out of the way. But can you imagine having a different one for every different set of variables? My PsScAt defaults to 12s, and I'm having my Holcomb tuned back up to standard.

It was explained to me (I have spies) that Paul did not like the adjustable saddles. I was told that he thought the movable parts reduced sustain.

I heard Paul saying (in a video or something) that less parts means better sound transfer. String-bridge-stud-wood vs string-saddle-screw-bridge-stud-wood

Not that I'm one of 11top's spies, but Paul told me exactly the same in person.

Also, I forgot to ask -- I'm sure the differences would be minor, and certainly beyond my ability to hear -- how much do you think it'd be off? Cents? Less than a cent?

I can tell you this much; I put 7's on my SC Ted and the intonation was off so much it was unplayable. Tuned perfectly, but you couldn't chord anywhere. MannMade 2300, problem solved. I get that going to 7's was pretty drastic, so I was not surprised by the result.

I can tell you this much; I put 7's on my SC Ted and the intonation was off so much it was unplayable. Tuned perfectly, but you couldn't chord anywhere. MannMade 2300, problem solved. I get that going to 7's was pretty drastic, so I was not surprised by the result.
Goodness. I still don't understand how people play with 7s. When I got my SE Zach Myers (that hit the road shortly after), the 9s that came stock on it felt so tiny on my fingers. I guess after playing 11s or larger for so long, anything smaller just feels super tiny.

Goodness. I still don't understand how people play with 7s. When I got my SE Zach Myers (that hit the road shortly after), the 9s that came stock on it felt so tiny on my fingers. I guess after playing 11s or larger for so long, anything smaller just feels super tiny.

It's easy! I've developed some issue with my finger tips since being diagnosed as diabetic back in December. They seem sensitive to things. At any rate, 10's and 11's hurt to play now. 9's are tolerable. I had just finished reading something about Billy Gibbons playing 7's and figured I'd give them a try. I figure if Billy can get that tone out of 7's they can't be all bad.

Back