Looks like the PRS Stoptail is being phased out?

Was going through the PRS website and noticed most the S2s now had an adjustable bridge.

I've also noticed the adjustable bridge in a few McCarty NGD threads. I thought it might have been a special dealer order, but it looks like it might now be standard?

I've wondered if the new S2 unit is the core bridge, or the SE that ships on the Zach Myers, etc. can't say I've had a problem with the one piece, but I certainly like the adjustable too...

It looks like it's still standard on the McCarty and Paul's Guitar. I love the PRS stoptail, it is 100% b!tchin.

It looks like it's still standard on the McCarty and Paul's Guitar. I love the PRS stoptail, it is 100% b!tchin.
I think the newer McCarty's have the adjustable bridge. Don't know about the Paul's since they had the stoptail with brass inserts.

Was going through the PRS website and noticed most the S2s now had an adjustable bridge.

I've also noticed the adjustable bridge in a few McCarty NGD threads. I thought it might have been a special dealer order, but it looks like it might now be standard?

I have exactly the same feeling,
which on the one hand side is extremely sad, because the one-piece stop tail was my most favorite bridge of all,
on the other hand saves me a lot of money :p and makes me love my old McRosie even more :cool:

Keep stoptails on my S2 Vela, Paul's, and McCarty Korina. They have a reason and a purpose. Trems are ok, but I don't have enough experience on electrics to use them effectively. It's good to have choices...

I love love love the stoptail. It takes a little more time to intonate but man they sound great and feel so good on the side of my palm.

Less is better. With the exception of giant boobies in your face.

I never understood the stoptail. You mean the one that you can't intonate? And should work with exactly one scale length, tuning, and string gauge set? Not that there's anything wrong with that, since I do usually use that tuning with that string gauge set, and the scale length is a constant...

I never understood the stoptail. You mean the one that you can't intonate? And should work with exactly one scale length, tuning, and string gauge set? Not that there's anything wrong with that, since I do usually use that tuning with that string gauge set, and the scale length is a constant...

Really? Never had a problem with my McCarty intonation. And I've been using 9s, 10s and 11s on it.

No, not in actuality -- I've had zero experience with it. So my not understanding is entirely theoretical.
I've often wondered that myself. It does allow for a bit of general intonation using the set screws. I remember putting 11s on my SE Singlecut back in the day and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how Paul was able to design a mostly non-intonable bridge that could have such good intonation with a multitude of different tunings and string gauges.

Back