Looks like I am out of work or the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really bother you guys that much to have a discussion without turning it into a competition that you feel like you have to win?
Nobody even knows what argument you are trying to win, and frankly, I doubt if anyone cares at this point.

Most of us just don’t want people we know to catch the virus and die from it.
If you don’t believe the virus exists, so be it.
I choose to not take that chance and have to live with the knowledge that I might have delivered it to someone who wasn’t strong enough to beat it.

I don’t care if it was engineered, a freak of nature or divine intervention. I just don’t want to help it kill people.

Everyone's on edge about this crisis including me. Let's think about things logically and remember that everything we hear about needs to be tested to see if it is right or wrong, truth or fiction.

Fact is, people are walking around who don't show symptoms yet, and don't know they're sick, and are carrying the disease and spreading it. That's the danger. That's how it spreads.

If you understand the statistics - clearly you don't - you'll see that the seasonal flu kills one tenth of a percent of infected people. This one kills two percent. In other words, it is twenty times more deadly. And the seasonal flu has a vaccine, COVID 19 has no vaccine, and there is no treatment regimen.

Take that 25,000 people who die of seasonal flu each year, and multiply it by 20, and it means 500,000 people could die of this disease if it continues to spread. There aren't that many extra hospital beds, there aren't enough ventilators - the country only has 100,000 - and with those numbers the health system will be overwhelmed. If 500,000 people die in ICU, it means that 5 times as many people will be treated at hospitals and admitted to ICUs, because the ICU death rate is one in five.

So hospitals have to be prepared for 2,500,000 people to be admitted to ICUs. They can't handle that many people!

Use your head. Know your facts. They're trying to prevent a catastrophe. They're justifiably taking preventive action. Only someone who's willfully ignorant doesn't understand why this is being done.

Does it really bother you guys that much to have a discussion without turning it into a competition that you feel like you have to win? You guys have all taken your best shots at me and haven’t been exactly nice doing it and I’m not not getting all upset about it.
Statistics are considered facts. You continue to dismiss that. If you want to debate accuracy of statistics, well then get your research on and proof the stats inaccurate. Everything else is a waste of breath. Hopefully your opinion doesn’t get you or anyone sick or dead.

Nobody even knows what argument you are trying to win, and frankly, I doubt if anyone cares at this point.

Most of us just don’t want people we know to catch the virus and die from it.
If you don’t believe the virus exists, so be it.
I choose to not take that chance and have to live with the knowledge that I might have delivered it to someone who wasn’t strong enough to beat it.

I don’t care if it was engineered, a freak of nature or divine intervention. I just don’t want to help it kill people.
This.

It's interesting

2+2=4 is a fact.

Try to prove otherwise. Have fun.

2 + 2 = 10. In base 4. You know, just speaking a different language and all.

it-s-a-fact-o.gif

But try telling kids today that, and they won't believe you.

Some say an old, hobbled man called Hoppin' John became known for selling peas and rice on the streets of Charleston. Others say slave children hopped around the table in eager anticipation of the dish. Most food historians think the name derives from a French term for dried peas, “pois pigeons.”

So...I played a bit of guitar, a bunch of GTAV, ate some nuts, drank a bunch of water...then some Irish single malt, watched Super 8 again, and farted profusely on the cat. He wouldn’t move despite the warnings.

This was a good day off. Tomorrow will be more family oriented then I go back to work on Monday. And those, folks, are the facts of my day. The cat will back them up.

So...I played a bit of guitar, a bunch of GTAV, ate some nuts, drank a bunch of water...then some Irish single malt, watched Super 8 again, and farted profusely on the cat. He wouldn’t move despite the warnings.

This was a good day off. Tomorrow will be more family oriented then I go back to work on Monday. And those, folks, are the facts of my day. The cat will back them up.

Substitute dogs for cats and that sounds like a normal day for me.

guy said he was autistic and on the dope, he probably doesn’t get out much, risk minimal.

also, ‘bathroom tissue’ back in stock at walmart. crisis delayed?

I hope so. You should have seen that monkey trying to put the cork back in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back