Looks like I am out of work or the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem. This is life and death stuff we are dealing with. It affects us all when there are those who don't buy in to the obvious. This is not simply a matter of opinion. If you ignore the facts, you are a liability to others.

It absolutely is life and death stuff, but this ain’t life. No amount of ignorant elementary school bullying is going to change that :)

There is value in people questioning the response. There is value in doing your part to stem the spread of any illness. As everyone agrees, you should get your information from more than one source, more than one ideology. Consider all data and make an informed decision.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

When his opinion is shared with 99.999999% of the medical field, it becomes fact.

Nothing that comes out of any person’s mouth is a fact. If it passes your lips it’s your OPINION that it’s a fact. Basically your just using your opinion as a club because you don’t like mine. What difference does it make to you if someone has different beliefs?

At least I’ve got my own beliefs, and the courage to share them :)

My friends daughter has it. Found out yesterday. Anyone who says or thinks it's not real is a danger to the rest of us.
100%
I want to believe we live in a world where individuals will do the right thing and behave in a manner that minimizes the risk of carrying a disease that has such a high mortality rate to people with reduced immunity. Too many won’t, which is why so many jurisdictions have mandated shut downs.
I’ve been isolated for 2 weeks, will try to go home soon, and be isolated for 2 more...and won’t be surprised to find even more isolation is appropriate.

Last edited:
My friends daughter has it. Found out yesterday. Anyone who says or thinks it's not real is a danger to the rest of us.

Yeah... carry on. That was the prominent sentiment in Nazi Germany and history shows us how that went :)

As someone wiser - and quicker - than me said, "When they do find a vaccine for this, anti-vaxxers better stick to their guns".

This isn't exactly fun, but it's necessary. We aren't being asked to make any kind of a real sacrifice. We're not rationing food. We're not rationing gas (yes, I'm old enough to remember waiting in long gas lines and only buying gas on odd or even numbered days). Nobody is being forced to leave their job and family, pick up a gun, go overseas, and kill or be killed, even if you really really don't want to go.

All we're being asked to do is stay home. Wash your hands. Chill for a couple weeks. Minimize socializing. And you don't even have to stay home all the time - you can go out and get food at a restaurant. I've done that. You can get groceries.

And I'm sorry, guitpicky - I do dig a lot of your posts, but if you can't accept what a fact is, I can't take your posts on this seriously.

As someone wiser - and quicker - than me said, "When they do find a vaccine for this, anti-vaxxers better stick to their guns".

This isn't exactly fun, but it's necessary. We aren't being asked to make any kind of a real sacrifice. We're not rationing food. We're not rationing gas (yes, I'm old enough to remember waiting in long gas lines and only buying gas on odd or even numbered days). Nobody is being forced to leave their job and family, pick up a gun, go overseas, and kill or be killed, even if you really really don't want to go.

All we're being asked to do is stay home. Wash your hands. Chill for a couple weeks. Minimize socializing. And you don't even have to stay home all the time - you can go out and get food at a restaurant. I've done that. You can get groceries.

And I'm sorry, guitpicky - I do dig a lot of your posts, but if you can't accept what a fact is, I can't take your posts on this seriously.

Why is it so hard to understand that what you’re calling a fact is your OPINION that it’s a fact based on your belief that it’s a fact? Ask yourself why you feel such a need to change or suppress MY opinion? Do you just need the extra company to make you feel better about blindly accepting everything you’re fed by the media?

I haven’t argued that it’s not really happening, only that there is a much bigger and deeper thing going on. It IS obvious to me because I recognize patterns and working in crypto I have access to information most people don’t.

Take it or leave it, but trying to belittle and bully me out of beliefs that I’ve worked my ass off for is a waste of your time. If that kind of grade school BS was going to work on me it would have happened a long time ago and I’d still be letting someone else tell me what to believe.

I feel abandoning our powers of discernment is far more dangerous than unquestioning conformation :)

Last edited:
I would like to respectfully request mods shut down ALL conversations debating coronavirus unless it relates strictly to a musician’s solutions to its collateral damage to their career.

This is one of the best forums I have been a part of, and discussion of what the virus/response is or isn’t is as generic forum as I have seen this place go. There are plenty of other places for that. Let’s stick to the constructive, musical side of this.

Why is it so hard to understand that what you’re calling a fact is your OPINION that it’s a fact based on your belief that it’s a fact? Ask yourself why you feel such a need to change or suppress MY opinion? Do you just need the extra company to make you feel better about blindly accepting everything you’re fed by the media?

I haven’t argued that it’s not really happening, only that there is a much bigger and deeper thing going on. It IS obvious to me because I recognize patterns and working in crypto I have access to information most people don’t.

Take it or leave it, but trying to belittle and bully me out of beliefs that I’ve worked my ass off my entire time here is a waste of your time. If that kind of grade school BS was going to work on me it would have happened a long time ago and I’d still be letting someone else tell me what to believe.

I feel abandoning our powers of discernment is far more dangerous than unquestioning conformation :)
Doing exactly what you think someone is doing to you is not going fix/help/change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back