Looks like I am out of work or the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing all the preppers are laughing now. They are secure in fallout shelters with years worth of essentials. I’ve spent a lifetime avoiding people. I’m good at it. But sooner or later I’ll be in that 150 person grocery store check out line.

I work for a company of 300 people nationwide. Our CEO has said in a video message, we are not stopping our operations. (Fire Protection). In some ways its assurance that i will have a paycheck. In another, it is kind of scary because i am going into public places with who knows who, with you know what. Other than my normal work hours i self isolate in a hotel until its time to move on to the next city. For all i know i have already been exposed, but have not been affected.

I'm in the same boat. My customers still need service while they're allowed to operate so I'm in contact with different people. I am worried but I just wash my hands A LOT

At the risk of getting political: this is why beaches are closing in Florida
Because that sun will disinfect everything plus giving out natural Vitamin D. The salt water can clean out your sinuses too. No, they need to go back inside and watch CNN Sh*t news.

Because that sun will disinfect everything plus giving out natural Vitamin D. The salt water can clean out your sinuses too. No, they need to go back inside and watch CNN Sh*t news.

If you had done any homework at all, you'd know that sunny Florida has the fifth most COVID cases in the US. Warm Southern California is also an area of spread of the infection.

It's also spread in warm weather and southern hemisphere countries, where they're just now transitioning out of summer. You couldn't be more wrong; your hypotheses about the sun and salt water are laughable in their complete ignorance of what's happening.

Last edited:
I am very much under the impression that Fox news is saying the exact same stuff.

In any case, the virus doesn't care which news network or internet conspiracy sites people get their information from. It'll happily infect everyone.

It's a new disease, which is why it's a "novel" coronavirus. What has been proven beyond doubt is that it's highly contagious and it's spread person-to-person. There's no doubt about that.

It's also true that there's no cure or vaccine at present. No doubt about that, either.

Combine those two indisputable facts, and it's clear that the authorities have no choice but to keep people apart to prevent or slow down disease transmission.

On a personal level, this lockdown is going to kill my business. I'm no happier about that than anyone else is about something damaging their work and livelihood. But there it is.

Last edited:
Had walked across the street past our hardware store towards the grocers...just after passing the gas station, a guy in a pickup truck hopped out and yelled in my direction, "Hey!"

I turned to look, and asked myself, "Do I know this guy?"

Nope, but he walked towards me. Am me towards him. At a distance of about 6 feet, he said, "Well, at least you're not cooped up at home, cowering in fear."

I said, with a somewhat perplexed look on my face, "You're speaking about Covid-19, I'd guess?"

The guy said, "Yup." Then the guy said, "Do you realize that Covid-19 is no more dangerous than swine or avian flu we get every year? What do you think is causing the fear that is costing this country trillions of dollars in lost business? It's social media! It's BS!"

I acknowledged that fear is a cause of our troubles, but I didn't get to speak to him after that. The guy hopped back into the passenger side of the truck and he and his buddy drove away.

I didn't have the heart to tell the guy Covid-19 has a 2% mortality rate compared to seasonal flu which is 0.1%, that speculation and fear is driving the stock market down, and the lack of a Covid-19 vaccine and that the virus is highly communicable that is the reason for the pandemic.

But after that I shook my head in disbelief at the misinformation the guy was speaking. And walked away. I'm no fool, but purposefully messing with people by spreading misinformation isn't factual, nor ethical.

Just thought to let you know what kind of people there are these days...:(

Had walked across the street past our hardware store towards the grocers...just after passing the gas station, a guy in a pickup truck hopped out and yelled in my direction, "Hey!"

I turned to look, and asked myself, "Do I know this guy?"

Nope, but he walked towards me. Am me towards him. At a distance of about 6 feet, he said, "Well, at least you're not cooped up at home, cowering in fear."

I said, with a somewhat perplexed look on my face, "You're speaking about Covid-19, I'd guess?"

The guy said, "Yup." Then the guy said, "Do you realize that Covid-19 is no more dangerous than swine or avian flu we get every year? What do you think is causing the fear that is costing this country trillions of dollars in lost business? It's social media! It's BS!"

I acknowledged that fear is a cause of our troubles, but I didn't get to speak to him after that. The guy hopped back into the passenger side of the truck and he and his buddy drove away.

I didn't have the heart to tell the guy Covid-19 has a 2% mortality rate compared to seasonal flu which is 0.1%, that speculation and fear is driving the stock market down, and the lack of a Covid-19 vaccine and that the virus is highly communicable that is the reason for the pandemic.

But after that I shook my head in disbelief at the misinformation the guy was speaking. And walked away. I'm no fool, but purposefully messing with people by spreading misinformation isn't factual, nor ethical.

Just thought to let you know what kind of people there are these days...:(

It's pretty sad. Ignorance may be bliss, but it also spreads disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back