Looking Forward to Monday - Book by a Forum member -

kukumba

A few months back I finished a book called Looking Forward to Monday - How You Can Rise Above Bad Bosses and Toxic Companies and Love Your Job. It's a book targeted to younger people just joining the workforce out of school to help them be as successful as possible. I know it's not strictly a guitar related topic, but I drew a lot of lessons from my days as a working musician. I have been giving talks about the book at several universities and to organizations of people who are out looking for a job or looking to get a better job. The book is for sale on iTunes and Amazon, however, I am donating all the proceeds to charities.

I would like to offer any forum member who would like a epub version of the book for free. Just email or IM me and I'll send it to you. You can open it with any ebook reader including ibooks. etc.

No gimmick here, I just want to share this with all you great people on this forum and hopefully you may know someone who is unhappy in their current job that might need a boost to find the courage to look for a better situation. I hope you guys like the book. I have received a lot of good feedback on it.

Thanks,
kukumba (Bob Gomez)

Well Done, Bob! I wish you success!

I'm self-employed and my boss is a d!ck... can your book help with that? :violin:

Fantastic! An author in our midst!

:congrats:

I also work for myself and hate my boss.

Good on ya, Bob!

I happen to really enjoy my current job, but I've definitely been down in the dumps before and something like this would've been helpful back then.

Love the title. A while back I made a conscious decision to abandon the typical Monday dread/Friday worship mindset that's so common. I truly do look forward to Mondays. For me, it means I have a job to go to, which gives me a sense of purpose and the knowledge that the fruits of my labor will help me reach my personal goals. It's all about your mindset and perspective.

Back