Looking for suitable PRS Neck Pickup to work with a Dragon 1 Humbucker in the Bridge position

Reynewan

Hello,

recently I´ve managed to get the legendary Dragon 1 bridge Pickup, which was not easy.
The problem is, that I could only get the bridge pickup.. The Dragon 1 Neck Pickup was not avaible..
So now I´am searching for a sound-suitable PRS Pickup in the Neck position.
I have a plenty of different PRS-PU´s in my other Guitars like the M-Metal Pickups, the SC.250 Pickups
but also the 85/15 pickups. Do you think for example that a Dragon 1 bridge can work with a 85/15 in the Neck position?

Thanks for the fast response! Yes, the Dragon 1 seems to be a pretty aggressive beast, but thats exactly what I´m looking for.:) The Tremonti Neck might be also an not bad option.

What do you want in a neck pickup? A match in aggression to the bridge? A bluesy lower output pickups for an alternative tone? A smooth lead pickup?

I think Tremonti got it right with a flamethrower mated to an old school blues pickup.

Run a P90 in the neck. They can get aggressive and also be tame with a roll of the volume knob. A Mississippi Queen would be the right size for a humbucker route.

Hi, thanks for all the answers. I´ve accidentally found the Railhammer Pickups on internet and I think I will go with one of them in the neck position.

https://railhammer.com

On the VR Vela I believe he has a HFS in both positions :) . You want fire go HFS Neck and Dragon 1 Bridge
That is one of the most interesting suggestions I’ve heard in years! And considering the output difference with the D1 and HFS being the right amount for neck vs bridge, it’s an enlightened nugget of wisdom.

Back