Looking for PRS to add Stop Tails to 24 fret guitars

Should PRS add a permanent option of a stoptail bridge on all 24 fret models?

• Total voters
I haven't voted for either option, because while I think PRS could offer stoptails on 24 fretters and satisfy a certain subset of their clientele, I suspect they don't offer the option due to business reasons - they might sell a few here or there, but it wouldn't be worth their while from a business case POV. And I don't want PRS to start making bad business decisions trying to please every single corner of the PRS fan club, because they will probably suffer as a result.

However, offering it for a year or two (and making sure it was clear how long the option would be available) might stir up enough interest, grow the fan base, and then they could offer it "permanently" as an option after a few years' absence.

Hmm, speaking of waffles, I'm hungry.

I completely agree, I'd love to see this as an "option" again. I think I remember reading the neck angle was different between the 24 trem vs. stoptail models. But I'm not sure about that. I've just assumed it's because like Paul has said in the past, if we don't buy'em, they don't make'em. Heck the Lowery and Mahoney SE models fit the bill, but didn't stay in the lineup very long. Even the what seemed to be popular Mira v1, has been replaced with a 22 fret model.

I would die to get a core 24, stoptail, all mahogany, ebony board in a charcoal satin finish without spending PS $$$$.

Try using your left hand's fingernail on the string like a slide. It's like having a fret on the top of the string, and it's movable.

The thing I hate most about any 24 fret guitar is the position of the neck pickup is moved from that exact spot, and the harmonics are right there. That's why I've ended up getting rid of every 24 fret guitar I've ever bought.

But hey - I am all for there being a stoptail version of it anyway. I did vote YES. But I'd never use any 24 fret guitar. Just saying.

You only need a 22 with a stoptail and BEND!
True, but keep in mind that because the neck pickup is a bit closer to the bridge, the neck pickup becomes a bit "punchier" if you will. It is all subjective though. However, why not give players the option. I'm not saying PRS should only build 24s with a stoptail, but why not give us a choice between the two. I couldn't imagine it's THAT big of a problem for PRS to scope out the specs in their build process.

I'm not saying PRS should only build 24s with a stoptail, but why not give us a choice between the two. I couldn't imagine it's THAT big of a problem for PRS to scope out the specs in their build process.

And as I already said, I agree and voted yes, of course. There are plenty of people who don't even care about a neck pickup anyway, so it would be moot for them, and as you intimated you like the bridge shifted pickup too.

When I saw the les paul with one pickup, can you guess my comment? I said, WTH, they took off the wrong pickup - I would buy it if it was the other way around! That's how strongly I feel about the neck pickup on a 22 fret instrument. Gimme the wood!

gibson mistake:
sycwt1fikh2tcl2xkoni.jpg

corrected:
singlepu.jpg

Last edited:
For years I wanted a fat neck and a fixed bridge on a 24. Not having those options has kept me from buying more guitars. I was happy to get my Bodega Bay since it had a fat neck. I would think they would offer it up as I know some would be all over it. I know I would.

I would think it would be a fairly small market but who knows. I play my 24 the least amount of the time but still like it very much. Of course, i'm an odd ball that thinks they should rename the wide fat neck to "just right".

Not having those options has kept me from buying more guitars.

+1.

Would like to be able to order different pickup and bridge configurations without having to go to the expense of an Artist model. Wouldn't mind paying a reasonable up-charge for this option.

Back