Looking for PRS to add Stop Tails to 24 fret guitars

Should PRS add a permanent option of a stoptail bridge on all 24 fret models?

• Total voters

Steve Dombroski

PRS Pulse Artist
PRS Pulse Artist
I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but it seems to me that PRS has been slowly distancing itself from a stop tail/hard tail option for their 24 fret model guitars. Sure, every now and then a limited run will come through, but if I simply want a custom 24 with a stop tail bridge, I HAVE to go Private Stock and pay double the price for a guitar just for that option. So I ask, what gives?

I know a lot of players like the trem on the 24 fret guitars, but I had a standard 24 with a trem and every time I would go from standard to drop d, the entire guitar came out of tune. Not to mention the tonal differences between the two options. When I've talked to dealers about this, they recommend the floyd, but I've never enjoyed the bulkiness of a floyd bridge. Anyone else in this boat, or am I truly in the minority? Why not give players the option to have a 24 fret PRS with a stoptail without having to buy a used piece from eBay?

Steve

I would love that option again. Once in awhile you see one used come down the pipe, but they are few an far between.

I know that this is a PRS forum, but let's just say that if PRS made a stoptail 24-fretter, I probably wouldn't have two Knaggs Keyas in my stable :)

I used to have a KL1812, which was a 24 fret with a stoptail. Very, very nice guitar that I had to move on to fund stuff that was more important to me, but yeah, it works.

YES PLEASE!!!

I simply can't understand why they do not offer this at least as an option within the Artist Package.
On a Cu22/P22 AP you can choose between trem and stop tail, but on a Cu24/P24 if you wanted a stop tail you would have to go the Private Stock route?!
Besides that I don't have the money for a PS, wouldn't that be extremely boring for the PS guys to build a stock Cu24 and just add a stop tail?!

Last edited:
ya mean like this?

20151203_225510_zpsaulhj1su.jpeg

I ordered one in 98 when stoptail was still an option. I also got one PS with the Dweezil body. Both of them got widefat neck carves. Even if I recieved a ridiculously generous offer, I doubt that I would part with them. They are like an extention of me. They are the only electric guitars I play.

I went with the 24 fret and stop tail on my PS build. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I voted no because of the word "permanent ". I would like to see it more widely available, but not necessarily "permanent " on "all" models.

Back