Looking for pickup covers for my 57/08 pickups - Recommendations?

Jupiter Tarts

Background: I've got a PRS S2 Custom 24 with 57/08 pickups from guitar center that I've had since they first dropped these. I've often thought of selling it to upgrade to a full Core series Custom 24 but every time I do, I plug it in and truly have a hard time imagining a better sound for another $1000.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/S2...08-Pickups-Nickel-Hardware-Electric-Guitar.gc

Anyway, I decided that since it's proven time and again to be a really keeper of a guitar and compliments my DGT very well so I decided to add a few fun upgrades to it: a brass trem block, possibly some brass saddles, and some pickup covers. In particular, I'm looking for some nice gold or raw nickel covers to toss onto the pickups but I don't want to dish out the $30 and have them not fit. I already have a few pickup covers for other guitars where that happened to be the case.

TL;DR: Anyone know what pickup covers would have the right dimensions (pole piece spacing and width) to fit my PRS S2 Cu24?

Hey Jupiter,

Measure the distance between the two outer poles, center to center. This will be the measurement used in the cover description. Something like 49.2 mm, 50 mm, 52 mm, somewhere in that range. Sometimes the bridge pup measurement will be different than the neck pup, sometimes they are the same, so be sure to measure both pups.

This might be helpful.
https://blog.philadelphialuthiertoo...ntable-pdf-for-measuring-pickup-pole-spacing/

I remember seeing those. Don't they have "squabbin" 57/08s? Meaning the bobbins have squared edges? If so, you can't easily put covers on.

Since the pickups I am seeing are Square Bobbin pickups they can't be covered.

Background: I've got a PRS S2 Custom 24 with 57/08 pickups from guitar center that I've had since they first dropped these. I've often thought of selling it to upgrade to a full Core series Custom 24 but every time I do, I plug it in and truly have a hard time imagining a better sound for another $1000.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/S2...08-Pickups-Nickel-Hardware-Electric-Guitar.gc

Anyway, I decided that since it's proven time and again to be a really keeper of a guitar and compliments my DGT very well so I decided to add a few fun upgrades to it: a brass trem block, possibly some brass saddles, and some pickup covers. In particular, I'm looking for some nice gold or raw nickel covers to toss onto the pickups but I don't want to dish out the $30 and have them not fit. I already have a few pickup covers for other guitars where that happened to be the case.

TL;DR: Anyone know what pickup covers would have the right dimensions (pole piece spacing and width) to fit my PRS S2 Cu24?

Since the pickups I am seeing are Square Bobbin pickups they can't be covered.
I remember seeing those. Don't they have "squabbin" 57/08s? Meaning the bobbins have squared edges? If so, you can't easily put covers on.

Thanks. Well no worries then. I assume this is something new mounting rings will fix right? It's just the shape of the pickup itself that won't support any covers?
Hey Jupiter,

Measure the distance between the two outer poles, center to center. This will be the measurement used in the cover description. Something like 49.2 mm, 50 mm, 52 mm, somewhere in that range. Sometimes the bridge pup measurement will be different than the neck pup, sometimes they are the same, so be sure to measure both pups.

This might be helpful.
https://blog.philadelphialuthiertoo...ntable-pdf-for-measuring-pickup-pole-spacing/

That measuring tool pdf is actually tremendously useful. I'll have to save that for other projects.

Thanks. Well no worries then. I assume this is something new mounting rings will fix right? It's just the shape of the pickup itself that won't support any covers?
Yeah, it's the pickups themselves that can't be covered unless you've got a dremel with some sanding drums, exceptionally gifted crafting skills, and a pair of brass balls.

Back