Looking for more info - 20th Anniversary Std 24 w/metal finish

xarkon

Recently picked up the following:

(Sorry for crappy pics, traveling and don't have the good camera.)

Serial # is 2005, has 20th anniversary neckplate. MODCAT and all the evidence I can see says it is a Standard 24 with moons and the stock HFS/VB pickups. However, the MODCAT just says "Black" for the finish. The finish work is perfect and certainly seems like it would have been done by the factory. However, there is nothing in the case candy (I got everything, including the hang tag) that says anything about custom finish.

Any further information on this one would be helpful. Thanks,

Dave

I don't know, but that finish is AWESOME! Congrats:congrats:

Isn't that the limited run "metal" finish they did? If I remember correctly there were 2-4 colors and all had the pin striping...

I saw one used at a GC online that looked like that; I think it was somewhere in California. When I inquired about it, they said that the paint on that particular one they had hanging there was an aftermarket job made to look like the original metal ones. Not sure if that is the one you picked up or not.

In any event, it's a really cool looking axe. Congrats - hope she sounds even better than she looks!

It's not technically a "20th" anniversary model with the lack of "birds in flight" inlays or clear lamp shade knobs! I see so many people listing their 2005 guitars as anniversary models, but its just not accurate...

It's not technically a "20th" anniversary model with the lack of "birds in flight" inlays or clear lamp shade knobs! I see so many people listing their 2005 guitars as anniversary models, but its just not accurate...

Glad you're enforcing the standards. I have a 20th SC with birds in flight and clear lamp shades. And a "couple" other PRSi.

I asked whether the finish was factory. Thanks.

Dave

Back