Jesse

Hey everyone, looking for as much info on this guitar as possible. unfortunately all I have is this photo.... Color, and year, and pickups are the big ones!

All I know is shes a CU24 with mother of pearl dot inlays?
EEF4DDAD-ADCB-43BF-9506-60F0AB7B22AD_zpslwuupm5y.jpg

I don't have a link. The picture actually came from a Facebook post. the post didn't say what type of guitar it was, more of what songs it was written with. How does it look like a CE to you?

I don't have a link. The picture actually came from a Facebook post. the post didn't say what type of guitar it was, more of what songs it was written with. How does it look like a CE to you?

Could just be the lighting but, it looks lighter towards the very edges of the headstock, the headstock itself looks more matte than shiny, can't really see any crescent moon/weird shading on the inlays.. Hard to decipher from a low-res pic, but I've been known to be able to smell CE's from a mile away ('cause I'm obsessed with 'em) but, it could just be wishful thinking.

It's not a Studio from that era either as those woulda had single coils, Special maybe, but then we'd see a trem up-route.

Rad guitar anyway you slice it though.

I suppose so yes. It actually belongs to an artist that I follow. Base my whole sound around him actually. He used this specific guitar to write songs with, and I've been dying to know what the specs of this particular guitar are now for about 18 years. Very difficult to do!.

I'm with Sergio. Looks like a late 80's early 90's CE.
Alder body/maple top and maple neck with rosewood fingerboards make these unlike any current offering by PRS...

Could just be the lighting but, it looks lighter towards the very edges of the headstock, the headstock itself looks more matte than shiny, can't really see any crescent moon/weird shading on the inlays.. Hard to decipher from a low-res pic, but I've been known to be able to smell CE's from a mile away ('cause I'm obsessed with 'em) but, it could just be wishful thinking.

It's not a Studio from that era either as those woulda had single coils, Special maybe, but then we'd see a trem up-route.

Rad guitar anyway you slice it though.

I concur with this analysis.

Who is the artist? There are bound to be pics of said artist playing the guitar out on the googlewebz.

I'm thinking early model CE as well. The small signature, matte finish on the headstock, and dot inlays are what make me guess CE.

Another one in the somewhat early CE camp. Alder body. Most probably VB/HFS pickups. Nice looking one.

Back