Looking for info about metal 3-way toggle switch

TFC

That guitar really tied the room together
Does anyone have any info on where I could find one of the older 3-way toggle switches that had the metal/chrome tip? I contacted PRS, but they don't have them available. I've found some that may be similar on eBay, but figure I'd look around for an "authentic" one first, if they're still around and not cost prohibitive. Please feel free to share any other info/knowledge you have of those switches - what years they were used, which instruments had them, etc. If anyone has nice close-up photos I'd love to see them.

My motivation is to turn my '93 CE24 into this:

rush-alex-lifeson-corbis-850-100.jpg

Looks nice, thanks. Anyone have any close-up photos of an original on a PRS?

The switch tips unscrew, no need for a whole switch, right? Lot's of those on ebay, I bought one made by Schaller on allparts.com.

Last edited:
Good idea! Those Schaller parts are the right price too.

Hard to see what's going on in that Lifeson pic. Did he swap a 5-way rotary for a 3-way toggle? If so, it might not even be a PRS part. Swapping the switch tip with a metal or chrome-plated plastic one seems the easiest route to get the same esthetic.

Egads...yeah, Sir Lifeson uses 3-way toggles on the PRSi he uses...can't wait to see one on the new PS acoustic!! How cool would that be??!!! Bwah hah...
My fave PRS was the brown burst with a slanted single coil in the bridge, with the body carved for it!!!

Back