Looking for history/info on my Bourgeois PRS Prototype #11

invictuz

I am researching the history, travels and general info on my Bourgeois PRS Prototype #11 (of 11 made from what i have read recently).

It was acquired at the beginning of the year from a previous owner that had not opened the case since 2012.

Until Saturday all i knew about it was that it was a cutaway snakehead with no internal tag/label (or so i thought).
While taking the pictures below i stuck my camera in the body and was taking pictures of the interior to post here and on reddit.
As i reviewed them i saw a couple of handwritten letters on the top under the bridge/saddle.
Further pictures revealed:
Bourgeois PRS Prototype #11 08/15/92

I am trying find any info i can beyond the PDF history of Bourgeois that discusses the PRS prototypes.
@justmund mentions one of the 11 in another thread here.

FClRAdnVcAAdObq
FClREJPVIAEHNsF

FClREJ9VEAQ7ett

some additional pictures:
FClRLCtVQAAgvnm
ft06goo4ncv71.jpg
xhsac5yklcv71.jpg
dx64ewxklcv71.jpg
ay5ck1yklcv71.jpg

the case it came in seems to be more valuable than my other guitars...
9xey72yklcv71.jpg

Last edited:
Someone from Bourgeois reached out to me a couple days ago.
They offered to restore the finish, authenticate (though they were confident based on the pix) and document it.

In my limited/amateur research i saw some Bourgeois history articles that indicated there were only 11 of the PRS prototypes like this...The rep from Bourgeois said there were originally 20 but few are known to have survived this long.

I'll take sloppy seconds on the dibs being that nobody else has! If you are ever parting ways with this item, contact me via PM after giving Hans a first crack at it!! Looks like it could be a legendary score, congrats!!! As for any history, sorry but I can not help but will be following what you find!!!!

Nice! I remember the talk of them possibly making guitars for PRS and then it not coming to fruition as far as production goes. I saw maybe 1 or 2 back around that time and likely played one but it was out of my league as I was pretty young. Was still dreaming about my first PRS electric in the early 90’s.

My research has taught me this guitar is "above my pay grade".
I play just to play, with no audience.
The notes this beautiful instrument produces deserves to enlighten others.

If interested, PM me,

this is for sale...if i can find a buyer that appreciates the rarity of this beautiful instrument :)

pm me with a price .... I've had the pleasure of talking with Dana several times , he's amazing.

What an interesting piece of history and story, hopefully we will find out more soon.
Lovely guitar, I look forward to hearing how it sounds from your friends playing.

Back