Looking for 53/10 single coil sound sample &Experience with the P22 Single coil mod?

Rango

I'm really missing single coil sounds - Played my Tele most of the day today. I love the tone but it's not as comfortable to play as the PRS. I'd like to get the PRS giving me that tone. :flute:

I learned from an earlier post that the PTC can put in a single coil mod for me to get JUST the single coil rather than one blended with one of the "buckers. I don't even mind the cost of the PTC doing the mod. The shipping will hurt - tripling the cost so I'm really doing my homework before I do it. ;)

Sound samples or feedback from people that have done the mod would be great! :top:

I know how you are feeling, I really like the "strat" tones on my 5-way equipped PRS but really missed the whole "tele" vibe tonally.

Get a cheap adapter ring and a lipstick pup, it's a bunch of fun.

For the record, my SAS with uncovered 53/10's is the best sounding single-coil in the house (when coil split, of course).

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;66407 said:
For the record, my SAS with uncovered 53/10's is the best sounding single-coil in the house (when coil split, of course).

Well yeah, that's because it's red.

My McRosie with 53/10's is my current #1... They are my favorite pickup at the moment.

Unless its super time sensitive, I will try to record you a sample of the pickups coil tapped and post it up here in the next day or two. I've got a crazy Monday but Tuesday should be more laid back for me so I will try to work you something up...

IMHO, they are special pickups that have mucho mojo!!!

uncovered 53/10's is the best sounding single-coil in the house (when coil split, of course).

Good to hear! :D

My McRosie with 53/10's is my current #1... They are my favorite pickup at the moment.

Unless its super time sensitive, I will try to record you a sample of the pickups coil tapped and post it up here in the next day or two. I've got a crazy Monday but Tuesday should be more laid back for me so I will try to work you something up...

IMHO, they are special pickups that have mucho mojo!!!

That would be great! :D I've got a crazy week at work so I'm not doing anything for at least that long...
Just trying to get an idea before I drop the cash:wink:

Sergio - My Tele was my #1 before I got the P22... Rather not swap pup's if I can get the same effect with the Push / Pull pot.

Last edited:
Sergio - My Tele was my #1 before I got the P22... Rather not swap pup's if I can get the same effect with the Push / Pull pot.

Well if you find a way to do it let me know! Hearing the 53/10 neck pup split from Chris' video has intrigued me... but where do I find one?

Back