Look what I found

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
My wife has been after me for quite some time to straighten up a closet with a bunch of my old crap in it. Went through some boxes got rid of a lot of things but look what I found, one of those cool old PRS folder catalogs from 1992. I should frame those colored prints of the Guitar models from the catalog. And I remember the music store I got it from back in 1992 the same music store where I bought my first PRS in 1990.

oyqXHL2.jpg

tyt9RGQ.jpg
1LvfhBZ.jpg

Cool!
I’ve got one of those brochures tucked away, too.
Isn’t this one from 1994? The McCarty's first year was 94. Also the same year as when I got my first PRS along with this brochure.
Did the inserts come out at different times?
Doesn’t really matter!:)
They’re a little piece of history that will never be made again.

Last edited:
Cool!
I’ve got one of those brochures tucked away, too.
Isn’t this one from 1994? The McCarty's first year was 94. Also the same year as when I got my first PRS along with this brochure.
Guess I'm assuming it was from 1992 since copyright date says 1992 but I guess it was 1994 McCarty.... makes sense. it was a long time ago..... ;)

Those look very familiar! IIRC, the copyright dates on mine span a few years, and I don't think the McCarty appeared in mine. PRS moved a bit slower in terms of model releases in those days.

Hell, I figure months would pass between the time a new model was announced, trees got murdered, words and pictures got printed on them, and somebody delivered those paper artifacts to retail outlets before they got handed to customers! That new Federal Express thing was prohibitively expensive, and I was using a 14.4 Kbaud modem to read my alt.guitar Usenet posts...

Hope I don't get in trouble with the Forum Police for posting the following 2 pics, but I thought that many of you would appreciate these "oldies but goodies" to borrow an old overused radio phrase. I remember picking these up as a young kid from the town music store. As I cleaned out the family home attic a bit before Mom & Dad passed, I found them.
51515182477_6791073296_k.jpg

And in the Price List below, how about $289.50 for a 3-color sunburst Strat with trem. And, back in those days, the fifty cents tagged onto the $289 really meant something. Some account and Leo knew that fifty cents was important to the bottom line.
51516905125_c083c41807_k.jpg

Hope I don't get in trouble with the Forum Police for posting the following 2 pics, but I thought that many of you would appreciate these "oldies but goodies" to borrow an old overused radio phrase. I remember picking these up as a young kid from the town music store. As I cleaned out the family home attic a bit before Mom & Dad passed, I found them.
51515182477_6791073296_k.jpg

And in the Price List below, how about $289.50 for a 3-color sunburst Strat with trem. And, back in those days, the fifty cents tagged onto the $289 really meant something. Some account and Leo knew that fifty cents was important to the bottom line.
51516905125_c083c41807_k.jpg

WOW! That’s really awesome! Thanks for sharing!

My wife has been after me for quite some time to straighten up a closet with a bunch of my old crap in it. Went through some boxes got rid of a lot of things but look what I found, one of those cool old PRS folder catalogs from 1992. I should frame those colored prints of the Guitar models from the catalog. And I remember the music store I got it from back in 1992 the same music store where I bought my first PRS in 1990.

oyqXHL2.jpg

tyt9RGQ.jpg
1LvfhBZ.jpg

I love it! That's the exact catalog that came with my Artist II back in 1992!

Back