Long shot - looking for a strap

Southwest

I'm UK based and want to buy a red / tan padded signature strap (ACC-3129) to go with my red Custom 22. Nothing doing at any of the dealers I've tried. It seems they are totally sold out and PRS aren't shipping any more of them as far as I can see.

So a plea to the good folk on here. Anyone got one that they are prepared to sell? Or point me in the direction of a new one?

Thanks in advance and hope this doesn't break any forum rules.

I just went through similar - UK based too. Thought it would be nice to get a proper PRS leather strap for my birthday a month ago, as the only strap I've been using for ages is one of the old vintage style with a metal buckle - I got fed up of the buckle bashing against the top of the guitar all the time! I liked the look of the birds PRS strap, but the pictures I found online varied in colour quite a lot so I wasn't confident on what I would get, and it seemed out of stock everywhere anyway.
In the end I bought a Fender Ball Glove leather strap in brown as I have a black one on another guitar. It's a fantastic strap, well made, nice shape and reasonably priced. It's just a pity it has a Fender logo on it - though it is embossed and discrete so easy to miss. If the strap was unbranded it would be perfect for me.

If you don't mind me asking, where about in the UK are you? I assume Southwest is a hint?

PRS doesn’t provide advance notice when they’re going to quit supplying a part, so once they’re gone, it’s a real challenge to find discontinued accessories. Good luck with your search! Maybe a dealer here will have one and get in touch.

Thanks for the replies so far. @Tone-y I am thinking about going for a custom/ unbranded one if a PRS one doesn't materialise. I'm Bristol-based so yes the handle is a hint.

@Mozzi I share your pain! In truth the Custom 22 doesn't warrant a wide padded strap for me, but I have a Gibson version for my Les Paul (9lb 10oz, so definitely needed for that) and it reduces the weight to almost nothing. It just seems a shame to put a Gibson strap on a PRS when PRS produce exactly what I want- or at least they did.

Cheers @RickP. Yes I'm hoping that a dealer (or player who has one too many) might want some cash instead of the strap...

PS - yes of course I know straps are like guitars. You can never have one too many

@Tone-y Brilliant. Once the current nastiness has subsided let's have a pint and compare gear. Just to warn you I'm using a modelling amp so I understand if you run away screaming.

@Tone-y Brilliant. Once the current nastiness has subsided let's have a pint and compare gear. Just to warn you I'm using a modelling amp so I understand if you run away screaming.
Sounds like a plan.
Don't worry about the modelling amp. I'm using a Strymon iridium and a headrush frfr most of the time these days. Though I do have a couple of Cornford combos still. There's a lot of folk on here with modelling gear so don't worry about not fitting in

That's getting in to world guitars territory. Never been there myself, though my PRS was originally sold from there

Just down the road from me....

Been in a few times but never bought from them.

Back