Lollar pickups in an S2?

titansfan4196

Hello,
I'm thinking about replacing the pickups in my S2 Custom 24. I was recently introduced to a strat with lollar pickups and I loved the sound, so I'm wondering how they would sound in my S2. Any recommendations for S2 replacement pickups?
I play alternative, gospel, blues, rock...
Thanks!

Hello,
I'm thinking about replacing the pickups in my S2 Custom 24. I was recently introduced to a strat with lollar pickups and I loved the sound, so I'm wondering how they would sound in my S2. Any recommendations for S2 replacement pickups?
I play alternative, gospel, blues, rock...
Thanks!

I’ve heard of folks putting Lollar imperials in some S2s...they put a regular wind in for the bridge and a low wind in for the neck. I’ve also seen folks with Bare Knuckles in their S2’s. It’s a good modding guitar if you are unhappy with the sound... it might not ever sound identical to that strat though even with the same identical pups.

I guess it depends on the sound you are going for. I put EMGs in my S2 custom 24. Then I sold it (because I wanted a 408 at the time) and someone bought it out of the store within a week.

I originally changed the pickups in my S2 to some Fralin Twangmasters. They were WAY too brittle, so I went CHEAP, and got some GFS Surf 90s. What I have now is an S2 that sounds a lot like a cross between a Gretsch and a Strat. I am VERY pleased. The guitar sounds killer with fuzz pedals....twanging out on country/Americana.....playing the blues....

The Fralins were $320....I hated 'em. The GFS were $72 and I love 'em. Go figure.....

I originally changed the pickups in my S2 to some Fralin Twangmasters. They were WAY too brittle, so I went CHEAP, and got some GFS Surf 90s. What I have now is an S2 that sounds a lot like a cross between a Gretsch and a Strat. I am VERY pleased. The guitar sounds killer with fuzz pedals....twanging out on country/Americana.....playing the blues....

The Fralins were $320....I hated 'em. The GFS were $72 and I love 'em. Go figure.....

That my friend is one sexy guitar

Gotta love gold!

Back