Lockdown Special: It's Family Picture Time!

It's too hectic with my wife and kid at home for me to stage pics.

This was three months ago, but a few have since been voted off the island...

sdAzQy4h.jpg

I was going to joke and say "Why don't you spend a little bit more and get something nice" but honestly I can't joke about THAT collection. You've done yourself proud.
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it. There are a couple of things I've got my eye on, but will wait until things are a little more stable.

What are you doing to that Mira? Figuring out how to fit a middle pup? :)
Ugh...it's a beat to crap Mira that I got for way cheap. I pulled the knobs off, and the splines were full of green gunk. Just really, really nasty. So, Sergio gave me an extra pickguard, I ordered all new electronics, some new lampshades, and a set of Suhr Doug Aldrich pick ups for it. It's been sitting on my bench like that for way, way too long. Maybe since Christmas??? :oops:

Here's the NGD thread with some picks of the "character marks" that the seller mentions. It was also listed in "excellent" condition.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/nenabd.41044/

Ugh...it's a beat to crap Mira that I got for way cheap. I pulled the knobs off, and the splines were full of green gunk. Just really, really nasty. So, Sergio gave me an extra pickguard, I ordered all new electronics, some new lampshades, and a set of Suhr Doug Aldrich pick ups for it. It's been sitting on my bench like that for way, way too long. Maybe since Christmas??? :oops:

Here's the NGD thread with some picks of the "character marks" that the seller mentions. It was also listed in "excellent" condition.

Jeez! It looks like someone was low key trying to earn some relicing mojo by purposely banging it around. Is the neck sound? I agree with your post title. Everyone needs a beater.

I wonder where Sergio got a spare Mira guard...

Jeez! It looks like someone was low key trying to earn some relicing mojo by purposely banging it around. Is the neck sound? I agree with your post title. Everyone needs a beater.

I wonder where Sergio got a spare Mira guard...
Yeah, the neck is stable. I was concerned that it might be cracked, but it's clean on the inside of the pocket. After really looking at it, it looks like it was a case of the finish on the edge of the fret board bubbling/lifting, as has been known to happen on guitars from that time period, and it got picked at and/or peeled off.

No idea on the pick guard ;)

Beat to Crap Miras need love too.

Last edited:
Bracket for Midi interface.

Well, that is...

....AWESOME!

Yeah, the neck is stable. I was concerned that it might be cracked, but it's clean on the inside of the pocket. After really looking at it, it looks like it was a case of the finish on the edge of the fret board bubbling/lifting, as has been known to happen on guitars from that time period, and it got picked at and/or peeled off.

No idea on the pick guard ;)

Glad to hear the neck is solid. That finish-lifting issue was a huge PITA. I wonder how many guitars ended up getting free refinishes. Had I been the original owner Sergio's Mira, I would have sent it in.

Yeah, you’re not getting that back. ;)

I'm OK with that! Why would you take off a beautiful custom-made rosewood pickguard and replace it with a plastic one? I mean, I get that the fanciness isn't punk enough, but still! :D

Back