Live from #EXPPRS 2012

My first Experience, and I must say that it greatly exceeded my expectations. Everyone from PRS were fantastic and friendly. Not the mention how friendly all of the guests were - I was there on my own and everyone was very hospitable. Thanks Paul, for being such a fantastic host!!

A picture says a 1000 words!!!!

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

As always, it was a great time and the weather really cooperated this year. PRS really has this well organized and to be able to slowly go through the factory and discuss the processes with the people is always a highlight. Now, many of them remember me (and my PS) and and few knew me by name. PRS had the best assortment of available guitars ever this year. In my discussions with people, I think the P22/24 were the big sellers. I think J Hayes sold a bunch in Tent A before people even got into the sales floor. Listening to him play one is fantastic.

Other than a certain person losing his wallet, and illness of another, gathering with old and new friends is very special. Thanks to all. Why don't they do this twice a year? How about a PRS cruise?

I have the Emil thing as well - have not checked it out yet, but rest assured, Shawn, a copy will find its way to you.

I've said it elsewhere, but I can't repeat it enough - thanks to everyone for yet another wonderful Experience, uh, experience! You folks at the factory make it such a wonderful environment, and it's great to see all the folks from the online world.

Pics likely going up later this week - I laid off the camera a bit because it seemed like I was repeating a lot of stuff, but I still got about 700 pics or so to choose from.

Someone please post a video of Emil doing Heavy Metal Dick Dale. Please!!!!

This will be posted shortly I will post the address when down loaded.

Did any body record PRSh clinic with John McLaughlin (also Ricky Skaggs and Cody Kilby) I was stuck on the bridge for 2+ hours on saturday.

Thanks,

I had a great time at this years Experience and learned a lot. The access to all parts of PRS is incredible. It is also truly amazing that one man can assemble such a nice group of employees, that will go out of their way to help or answer any questions. I won't mention names because there isn't enough space here. As I told one person, I have collected 'F' and 'G' guitars and amps for 40+ years and don't know anyone at those companies. After being exposed to PRS at the Dallas Guitar Show in 2010, which started a new direction in my collecting, I have met and/or hung out with countless PRS employees. There is no comparison in the music industry. PRS is truly a great company, with un-matched products and customer support.

Specific thanks go out to Bev, Doug, Shawn, Eric, John and of course, to Paul for making my trip fun and worthwhile.

It was also great to meet and hang out with the members of the various forums. There is quite a knowledge base within these groups. And I thought that I might have too many toys! I learned that I am just a beginner.

Last edited:
I'll try to get my posted tom'w - won't be to YouTube, but I'll make it public. If it's good - my video is not from that close, and I don't remember how tightly I zoomed in, but c'mon. It's way too late for me after the past week! I shouldn't even be doing this!

(Okay - got to repeat the joke. It's the one Bob Newhart used to title his autobiography. I'm a little punchy, so deal with it. :wink:

A guy is making love to his boss's wife. They're going at it pretty hot and heavy, and she looks up at him, takes his head in her hands and says, "Kiss me." He looks at her and says, "Kiss you? I shouldn't even be doing THIS!" :goodnight:)

From the above pictures we can conclude that to be(come) a fantastic player, you need certain ingredients. Amongst others, the name David seems to be required in one or other variety and of course a checkered shirt :D

Thanks for the many photos guys, that made not being able to attend somewhat bearable. You rock \m/

Last edited:
Thanks so much for such an awesome event. Because of work I was only able to attend Saturday. One day is not enough to enjoy all the amazing demonstrations and Artist exhibitions, not to mention the factory tour and all those gorgeous Guitars. I knew that I would have a great time but wasn't sure about my wife. A big thanks to Bernie Marsden, before he was even finished she was ready to come back next year. Before the end of the day she told me to take a vacation week next year so we can do all 3 days.

Back