Limited Ed Bernie Marsden 53/10's With Coil Tap!!!

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
Limited Ed Bernie Marsden 53/10's With Coil Tap!!! (UK Only)

So... The rumours where true!

Seems like there will only be 50 pieces available (UK Only) so a truly limited edition.

53/10 pickups and a coil tap.

Looks to be the same colour. Slightly disappointing to me as i've already upgraded the pups in mine. If there had been a blue one i'd have moved through hell and high water to aquire one but it's not really offering me something I don't already have.

What I can say is that the Bernie is an awesome guitar and with some high grade pups in there it really is an LP killer!!!

If you're in the market move quick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice version! I do agree with your reasoning in your case.

Yeah, at the moment i've got a hot pup in the bridge and and classic PAF-ish sounding pup in the neck. They do work pretty well together but i'd like to have one guitar with hot pups and one with something a little more classic sounding. Doesn't have to be another Bernie of course but I know I really gel with the neck on the Bernie. Two of the same colour (Even with different pups) just seems a little pointless.

Besides... Blue guitars rule... Like the one in your avatar!!!!

Now...I just purchased a BM/SE..or it purchased me.. Will PRS do the pup upgrade? And what will be the luthiers' bill be?.. As Christopher Walken said " I GOTTA FEVER..AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS.......MORE COWBELL" ... I want more cowbell on my Bernie.. Please advise.

Now...I just purchased a BM/SE..or it purchased me.. Will PRS do the pup upgrade? And what will be the luthiers' bill be?.. As Christopher Walken said " I GOTTA FEVER..AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS.......MORE COWBELL" ... I want more cowbell on my Bernie.. Please advise.

You'd have to contact the PTC... Did you have any pups in mind? Covered pups just look right on this guitar, but each to their own! :)

PTC will work on any PRS guitar, SE or otherwise.

Shawn ,just a rough estimate, what would it cost to upgrade my PRS/BM to the 53/10's with coil tap?

thanks

I put a set of 53/10's in my Bernie a few months ago and I think it is a perfect marriage.....perfect. I absolutely love mine!

Shawn - you said there are not many sets of 53/10's left? No more being made?

I put a set of 53/10's in my Bernie a few months ago and I think it is a perfect marriage.....perfect. I absolutely love mine!

Shawn - you said there are not many sets of 53/10's left? No more being made?

Hi Dane- We cannot get enough wire to supply both production and accesory pickup sales, so obviously production won out. Paul allowed us to complete the pickups that were in WIP (Work in Progress), but once they are sold, the pickups will no longer be available for sale but they will still be available on certain guitar models.

I saw the video and thought the guitar sounded exceptionally good.
After much investigation I decided to risk buying the guitar.
I have never got on with PRS guitars before but I am amazed at the sound and quality of this guitar.
So much better than Les Paul for me and I love the single coil sounds too.
A great buy at a very good price!

I saw the video and thought the guitar sounded exceptionally good.
After much investigation I decided to risk buying the guitar.
I have never got on with PRS guitars before but I am amazed at the sound and quality of this guitar.
So much better than Les Paul for me and I love the single coil sounds too.
A great buy at a very good price!

Awesome! Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum and the officially unofficial Bernie Club!

The Bernie (And of course the rest of the SE line) is a fantastic guitar and the upgraded pups (Be they PRS or otherwise) really take it to a new level.

Be sure to post some juicy pics! :)

Back