Like A Hole In The Head...

Are you calling all the other Korina stupid or something? That's not really nice of you.

Oh, wait, um, yeah...

I think it is just completely natural, whereas the other Korina bodies I have seen would appear to have some light stain to them.

Yes that Korina has a bright future ahead! :p

To be fair to the Terminalia superba, regardless of it's IQ, it is quite blonde in person - which is what struck me more than the top. Don't get me wrong, the top is lovely. I actually thought it was Obsidian at first due to the store lighting. But the back was almost glowing like some of the whitewashed swamp ash backs I have seen. Although it's of course not that white. But it is very light, and the grain is gorgeous, whereas most of the korina I have seen is not all that interesting to look at.

So, she being a natural blonde, I will speak slowly to her. And often :p

I had no childhood traumas. But...the world would probably be grateful if most of my personality was wiped away. I might have to consider the treatment.

Les, you can wipe, and wipe, and wipe some more. I suspect you'd still have personality left. The world would be a boring place. Although I suppose L'esteban could fill some of the gap...

When you get to heaven, St Peter meets you at the Gates and holds you upside down into a bucket of every drop of alcohol you have every spilt, and if you drown, well to Hell with you?
Teeny weeny!:eek: Aww cripes, I didn't know I was Irish.....:confused:

So how's the new guit-fiddle working out, Carl?

Hey Les. I want to hate this guitar, because it was such an impulse purchase. I walked in for bass strings and walked out with a barely used CU24. And no bass strings.

She really sounds great. I do think my preferred setup for the new XX/15s is a 3-way with coil tap a'la my McCartys and CE24, because I really love these pickups tapped.

That being said, I am having a ball with the 5-way, and the korina bod/neck with the ebony board is really something. It's not a combo I would have gravitated toward or spec 'd, but it sounds pretty special here.

Also, having gravitated toward the wide-fat / pattern profiles as of late, I am digging the pattern thin neck on this (and my CE24) much more than I thought I would. They definitely don't have the barely-there slinkiness of the original wide-thins. Which I enjoy from time to time. But these have enough meat on them to not feel so drastic when switching back and forth between different carves.

So, despite some general buyers' remorse, I am really diggin' her. Thanks!

Hey Les. I want to hate this guitar, because it was such an impulse purchase. I walked in for bass strings and walked out with a barely used CU24. And no bass strings.

She really sounds great. I do think my preferred setup for the new XX/15s is a 3-way with coil tap a'la my McCartys and CE24, because I really love these pickups tapped.

That being said, I am having a ball with the 5-way, and the korina bod/neck with the ebony board is really something. It's not a combo I would have gravitated toward or spec 'd, but it sounds pretty special here.

Also, having gravitated toward the wide-fat / pattern profiles as of late, I am digging the pattern thin neck on this (and my CE24) much more than I thought I would. They definitely don't have the barely-there slinkiness of the original wide-thins. Which I enjoy from time to time. But these have enough meat on them to not feel so drastic when switching back and forth between different carves.

So, despite some general buyers' remorse, I am really diggin' her. Thanks!

Very cool. You have some phenomenal choices of what to play!

Back