Lightest PRS Guitars

Don't know the weight range of the newest Hollowbody models, but my '08 Hollowbody Spruce is 5.2 pounds. Feather-light!

Hollowbodys would be the lightest for a solid body the Mira would be it

My rating, from lightest to heaviest:

USA
Hollowbody II (will be slightly lighter without the piezo)
Vela
Mira

There's a lot of overlap through the other models, with Singlecuts leaning more to the heavy side and the Tremonti seems to win the heaviest PRS crown.

SE
I'd wager double cut Semi Hollows are likely lightest, followed by double cut Standards, Singlecuts the heaviest with a ton of overlap between all the other models.

My vela is the lightest guitar i own, well my Ibanez S 7 String may actually be the lightest and my Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded may rival my Vela for weight, but the Vela is the lightest PRS i own and i have 4 as my Tremonti is the heaviest i will ever own in a guitar. My heaviest instrument is my USA/MIM Fender Jazz Bass that i made out of various parts.

My HB11 is the lightest by far but I have an SE that I had put on a Cnc machine and had the back routed out and removed a nearly a kilo now it's balanced FOR ME and more resonance.
Can you say more? Why did you decide to do it, where, how did it turn out etc. :)

Hi yes I can say more, but it was done along with many other modifications, purely for my personall requirements and improvements .It is in no way of stateing what comes out of the box is not good enough, but there is room for improvement like with any product, (except my HBII ) which I have proved. I bought this new Tampus green SE 24 which had a very attractive grained maple thin neck. and rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany back was also attractive and the maple top ( which is heavier than mahogany) (again to thick) was beautiful) a shame really to machine it. and the pickups were exceptional (this must have come out of the factory by mistake) But it was too heavy, and unbalanced , for my liking that round your neck for 2hours would be uncomfortable, when they are doing a demo they are only sat down for 10 minutes lol so I decided to correct the balance, like a pendulum on a clock, and get some of the unneccessary weight out of it, which resulted in a far lighter feel, I guess just over a pound and better resonance, rebated the back surface and refit flush, a new plastic cover so at that point i fit a line 6 wireless system into it. I did 3 more serious modifications which improved it even more.
I ended up finished at $700 new guitar worth a million dollars to me.Thats what a guitar should be like, same as the HBII you don't want to put it down. have fun

Hi yes I can say more, but it was done along with many other modifications, purely for my personall requirements and improvements .It is in no way of stateing what comes out of the box is not good enough, but there is room for improvement like with any product, (except my HBII ) which I have proved. I bought this new Tampus green SE 24 which had a very attractive grained maple thin neck. and rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany back was also attractive and the maple top ( which is heavier than mahogany) (again to thick) was beautiful) a shame really to machine it. and the pickups were exceptional (this must have come out of the factory by mistake) But it was too heavy, and unbalanced , for my liking that round your neck for 2hours would be uncomfortable, when they are doing a demo they are only sat down for 10 minutes lol so I decided to correct the balance, like a pendulum on a clock, and get some of the unneccessary weight out of it, which resulted in a far lighter feel, I guess just over a pound and better resonance, rebated the back surface and refit flush, a new plastic cover so at that point i fit a line 6 wireless system into it. I did 3 more serious modifications which improved it even more.
I ended up finished at $700 new guitar worth a million dollars to me.Thats what a guitar should be like, same as the HBII you don't want to put it down. have fun

Very interesting! Do you have before & after images?

Don't know the weight range of the newest Hollowbody models, but my '08 Hollowbody Spruce is 5.2 pounds. Feather-light!
I have an 08 HB Spruce as well. By far the lightest guitar I have ever owned. I also have an 2015 HB II - It weighs more than the HB spruce & includes a piezo but most people will consider this to guitar to be "light"
Although not in the current line up, my lightest PRS solid body guitar is an NF3

I have an 08 HB Spruce as well. By far the lightest guitar I have ever owned. I also have an 2015 HB II - It weighs more than the HB spruce & includes a piezo but most people will consider this to guitar to be "light"
Although not in the current line up, my lightest PRS solid body guitar is an NF3
Do you by any chance have the actual weights?

Back