Letting go of a PRS has never been this hard...

Hopeful Sinner

Angry Southern Gentleman
After much thought and many changes of mind, a couple nights ago I created a listing and offered as sacrifice my Paul's Guitar to the eBay gods.

I've sold guitars before. Lots of them. I've sold PRS guitars before. But, for some reason, this one stings more than any other has before.

If there is any semblance of a silver lining, it is that hopefully this sale will lead to a new PRS purchase I haven't been able to get outta my head for months.

pg2013.jpg

I'm gonna miss her though...

If things go as planned my upcoming NGD will explain everything...

She is a beauty though Les.

Have to agree with Les on that one. Plus, knowing first hand how great they are... just don't think I could do it.

You're going to make someone on Ebay very happy and hopefully your joy with the new PRS will be even greater. Hope it works out for you!

Sometimes you just don't bond with a guitar. It doesn't seem like your objections are appearance-related, though--that thing's gorgeous! If it sounds as good as (or better than) my Brent Mason model, I'd love to have it! Can't afford it, though--darn! Just because it's a "Paul's Guitar" doesn't necessarily mean it's yours--or mine...

I've had to sell a number of guitars in my life. The ones that hurt the most at the time - and still bother me - were PRS. May I never have to go through that again.

You have to go with your heart. If your choice is to let it go for something that will mean more to you, then you have to do it and trust that everything will work out in the end. Good luck and good wishes.

Goldtop Lloyd

It's tough, I hate selling guitars. But if it is to get you something else into the fold, it will ease the pain. Keep us posted!

Well, it does sound like you have been experiencing some obsessional distress in thinking about a specific guitar. It sounds like you are letting that beautiful Paul's go for something even more desirous. Wanna give us a hint? Maybe we can all start jonesin' together!

Sigh. Wish that one had been available before I bought the one I've got. Gone now, that lucky guy!

That is beautiful. I have a blue Paul's and its like my guns. The only way someone is going to get my PRS Paul's Guitar or PRS Brent Mason is to pull it from my dead cold hands.

Back