Let's talk about Paul Reed Smith, the man...

Hopeful Sinner

Angry Southern Gentleman
Just watched a NAMM 2014 video of Paul talking about the guitars, the philosophies of the company and I am in absolute awe of the man for his dedication and passion after all these years in the guitar making business. He sounds just as enthusiastic today as he did in the early PRS promo videos from the 1980's...

The fact that he is still willing to go out and pound the pavement for what he believes in is truly remarkable. If you've never been to one of the clinics he does all over the place you should definitely make an effort to go and interact with him, the other fine folks from PRS and the artists that accompany him on these trips.

The guy talks like we do about the guitars. He still "geeks out" when there is something special about a particular instrument or a new component or an innovation that has recently been put into play by his company to improve on the bedrock he laid 30 years ago...

Anyway, enough fanboy gushing from me, it's just refreshing to see especially in an industry that seems to have become increasingly stagnant and lazy in my opinion. YMMV and all that...

Just watched a NAMM 2014 video of Paul talking about the guitars, the philosophies of the company and I am in absolute awe of the man for his dedication and passion after all these years in the guitar making business. He sounds just as enthusiastic today as he did in the early PRS promo videos from the 1980's...

The fact that he is still willing to go out and pound the pavement for what he believes in is truly remarkable. If you've never been to one of the clinics he does all over the place you should definitely make an effort to go and interact with him, the other fine folks from PRS and the artists that accompany him on these trips.

The guy talks like we do about the guitars. He still "geeks out" when there is something special about a particular instrument or a new component or an innovation that has recently been put into play by his company to improve on the bedrock he laid 30 years ago...

Anyway, enough fanboy gushing from me, it's just refreshing to see especially in an industry that seems to have become increasingly stagnant and lazy in my opinion. YMMV and all that...

What he said

I agree. I've been to two of the meet and greet evenings. I see the passion and the dedication each time. That he stays until all the guitars, sold or brought in, are signed at the shows is also commendable. If you think about the plane fare and hotel for himself, and guests if they come (Grissom came to one of the shows I attended), it's hard to believe that the store hosting the event is making any money on it even if they sell some guitars that night. I'm not an insider, I don't know who pays for the travel expenses, but it could be Paul and if so, that is even more remarkable.

I think Paul is still one of the guys and that's a good thing. He also has a huge responsibility to keep employees happy and employed. When his instruments have been called Strativarious (sp.) of the new world, that says a lot. The next 25 years will be very interesting for prs. I think some guitar manufactures will see their sales get hit hard from prs....IMHO

Let's talk about Paul Reed Smith, the man...
Are there times when Paul isn't a man and takes on being some other form of life?

I worked out a pretty good deal with Paul, his company made my favorite guitar and my wife paid him a fair price for it. Can't ask for anymore than that from him.

Paul is a true artist, as far as I'm concerned.

He cares very deeply about his guitars and customers, and I know this from first-hand experience.

Paul is a nice guy. He fed me, entertained me, and didn't even press charges after I tried to steal his car.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;158270 said:
Needless to say... he knows who you are now.

Yes, yes he does. He confiscated my JustSteve pass. I hear the poor kid is banned from the factory now.

Maybe he knew you were from Chicago where it's expected.

:rofl:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;158267 said:
I believe his exact words where: "Hey! What are you doing? Get the @#$% away from my car! WHO ARE YOU?!?!" :rofl:

I believe that's about spot on sir.

Yes, yes he does. He confiscated my JustSteve pass. I hear the poor kid is banned from the factory now.

JustSteve rules!!!

Gaaaaaaaaa!

I saw the tread title and was thrown for sec...

Paul is without a doubt in large and in charge. Thankfully, the basic person a person is doesn't radically change over the years. And for the brand PRS, that's a good thing because Paul is it's most valuable asset.

Back