Let's talk about NFL football, man.

And I'm glad you took him! ;)

Can we get a pic of you playing a PRS with a Jets helmet on? Full pads?

Go Broncos! Beat the Raiders!

Well, I DO have an actual JETS helmet...but it doesn't fit on my giant freak head... :(

The Redskins make it had to be a fan, well the organization at least. They have a knack for bringing past-their-prime, high profile players into the system, paying them too much and allowing them to under perform. Or they'll draft someone and watch them under perform. Their organization is broken. Every time a new coach or new player is brought in we hear the same old thing, "This is the missing piece" Of course the problem isn't going to be solved with a single player or coach. The organization is broken and I'm just fed up with the Redskins.

On the other side, my wife is from Baltimore and my son was born in Baltimore so I am beginning to love the place. I wasn't a fan of Brian Billick, but since John Harbaugh took over the team I think he's been able to transform them into a real team. He keeps control of the players, he acts like a professional and demands his players do the same. Long story short. Ravens!

I thought it would be one or the other, however some of the old Baltimore fans loyalty went with the franchise to Indianapolis. Poor Redskins, it seemed as though they might get the old magic back with Gibbs but it wasn't to be. I guess football players aren't stock cars. Lol! I often feel sorry for my girlfriend as she is so dedicated to the Redskins and they are so consistently bad, no matter what they try. I guess if you're a true fan you stick with your team through the good and bad.

Well, I DO have an actual JETS helmet...but it doesn't fit on my giant freak head... :(

Did the kneepads fit...or does this picture tell the tale, Ang? ;)

Angknees.jpg

I thought it would be one or the other, however some of the old Baltimore fans loyalty went with the franchise to Indianapolis. Poor Redskins, it seemed as though they might get the old magic back with Gibbs but it wasn't to be. I guess football players aren't stock cars. Lol! I often feel sorry for my girlfriend as she is so dedicated to the Redskins and they are so consistently bad, no matter what they try. I guess if you're a true fan you stick with your team through the good and bad.

The problem starts at the top. That's all I'll say about the Redskins.

It took me a long time to warm up to the Ravens. I grew up with "Johnny U" and the Colts. The way that we lost the Colts to Indianapolis made me lose interest in professional football. The way that we had to go about acquiring the Ravens made me furious with the NFL.

I never warmed up to the Redskins (I absolutely loathed Jack Kent Cooke for preventing Baltimore from getting an expansion team). To me, the Redskins were and will always be Washington, D.C.'s professional football team, not Maryland's football team. I cannot wait until they move back to the District. How's that for smack talk?

Let me tell you how badly that hurt.. I was in the Colts Marching Band in the late '60s and early '70s. It was a great time to be a Colts fan. I graduated HS and went to college. But I was here when Ersay snuck the team out of town in the middle of the night, the b***ard.

So I absolutely hated it when we took the Browns from Cleveland to make the Ravens because I knew what it felt like when it happened to us.

It took a long, long time for me to get back into pro football.

Oh, I almost forgot... The Dead skins have NO connection to Maryland. And the Indianapolis Dolts can pound sand...

So, ill be rooting for the Ravens, or whomever is playing the Squeelers, the Dolts or the Deadskins, in that order.

There's your smack talk...

Last edited:
The problem starts at the top. That's all I'll say about the Redskins.

Amen to that! Money and connections enough to buy a team, yet not enough sense to BUTT OUT and defer to those with true football know-how. A similar situation exists in Dallas in my opinion.

I've got a friend in Florida who can't stand pro football. He lives for the college season (he's a Gators guy), but he doesn't give two hoots about the pros, and it's because of the types of things listed in this thread.

Goldtop

Last edited:
I dont care where you're from, or who you root for.

Just thank your lucky stars you're not Lions fans.

I was a little teeny kid when I became a Lions fan, back when they won championships. Last one: 1957. I've been paying the price of making an early fandom decision ever since. Why'd I do it, you ask? Simple. My father was a Lions fan and had a buddy on the Lions team when I was little. I didn't have a chance.

Futility? No Superbowls. They ran the table in reverse, 0-16 a few years back. That's hard to do!

You're complaining about the Redskins? Did I mention that the Lions never won at RFK stadium? Ever? Though the Redskins were originally the Boston Braves...did someone complain earlier about teams moving?

All time Lions passing leader traded away in 1958. They're still trying to dig him up and make him play again, but he's been dead for a very long time now. Even dead, he'd be the best player on the field in a Lions uniform. And, um, yeah, the whole powder blue uniform thing.

Maybe the Lions should wear Faded Blue Jean, or Whale Blue instead....hmmmm....I hate the Lions. I root for the Lions. But I hate the Lions.

Can we talk about U of Mich instead please?

Last edited:
Y'know, Les, the Patriots were the league's joke franchise for a LONG time, and now they're a model franchise that's played in the last game of the year 5 times in the last 11 years. So there's always hope. And yeah, it starts at the top.

As for this year's model, there are some concerns about the O-line, but the AFC in general is in a bit of a down cycle, and the D looks much improved over the last couple of years. There's always a huge luck (read: injury) factor that you can't predict, but the potential seems good for another strong year for the Pats.

Y'know, Les, the Patriots were the league's joke franchise for a LONG time, and now they're a model franchise that's played in the last game of the year 5 times in the last 11 years. So there's always hope. And yeah, it starts at the top.

As for this year's model, there are some concerns about the O-line, but the AFC in general is in a bit of a down cycle, and the D looks much improved over the last couple of years. There's always a huge luck (read: injury) factor that you can't predict, but the potential seems good for another strong year for the Pats.

I love the Pats. And here's why: Tom Brady. Here's a guy who sat around as a backup at Michigan, waiting for his chance. When he finally got it, he came through. As a big Michigan fan, I always rooted for Brady, yet he was drafted low. So when he got his chance, and had that great breakout year, I was absolutely thrilled.

IMHO the Pats are the best coached, best run, most professional team in football, and Boston's a great town anyway. Go Pats!

In truth, the Lions are improving, but I can't believe they'll ever be really great under current ownership. And the Ford family isn't ever going to have to sell for financial reasons. I'd say maybe my grandkids will get to root for a good Lions team, but my kids live in Chicago now, so...they'll be Bears fans. That's good. I hate domed stadiums. Outdoor fields are where football should be played.

Last edited:
Although I am not a fan of the team in any way shape or form, I have to admit that the Pittsburgh Steeler run a pretty tight ship from the Rooney family, the front office and the coaching staff. Because of this, they consistently field a very competitive team. I don't like them, but I do respect them.

I love the Pats. And here's why: Tom Brady. Here's a guy who sat around as a backup at Michigan, waiting for his chance. When he finally got it, he came through. As a big Michigan fan, I always rooted for Brady, yet he was drafted low. So when he got his chance, and had that great breakout year, I was absolutely thrilled.

IMHO the Pats are the best coached, best run, most professional team in football, and Boston's a great town anyway. Go Pats!

In truth, the Lions are improving, but I can't believe they'll ever be really great under current ownership. And the Ford family isn't ever going to have to sell for financial reasons. I'd say maybe my grandkids will get to root for a good Lions team, but my kids live in Chicago now, so...they'll be Bears fans. That's good. I hate domed stadiums. Outdoor fields are where football should be played.

Although I am not a fan of the team in any way shape or form, I have to admit that the Pittsburgh Steeler run a pretty tight ship from the Rooney family, the front office and the coaching staff. Because of this, they consistently field a very competitive team. I don't like them, but I do respect them.

The Steelers are the model Bob Kraft looked up to when learning how to run an NFL franchise.

I also have a soft spot for the Seahawks - lots of former Packers & Badgers on roster right now...at least until they play the Pack. Then I hope they suck rocks:)

Back