Let's talk about Beer, man!

I run into this topic in many places and usually there are a few that poo poo cheap, refreshing beers that don't come with some micro pedigree. Me?? Personally, I'll PBR all day and have long before hipsters with big beards decided that it was a cool beer to drink. I'm also a long time Budweiser guy and have no issue with it. My "import" favorites are Daz Shwarz from Germany, a black beer that is very very tasty, I enjoy it much more than any Guinness or Harp styles. I like Celebrator when I can find it, it too is a dark beer but lighter in taste. You can keep your hoppy, bitter beers, I'm not buying something I don't like the taste of just so others can see me drink it.

giphy.gif

Beer thread! :eek:

Recent victims:

NX0rKUsg.jpg

XJLcVA4g.jpg

3UlwInQ.jpg

4ZIVHx2.jpg

XsEF08Fg.jpg

My collection may be limited to two cores, but dammit I try make up for it elsewhere. :p

All I require in my beer life is for Bell's to open up distribution anywhere within 100 miles of me... I need Two-Hearted in my world just as much as another 594.

(Cause for celebration: a particularly good doc's visit today lets my beer shenanigans continue. #thankful)

giphy.gif

Beer thread! :eek:

Recent victims:

NX0rKUsg.jpg

XJLcVA4g.jpg

3UlwInQ.jpg

4ZIVHx2.jpg

XsEF08Fg.jpg

My collection may be limited to two cores, but dammit I try make up for it elsewhere. :p

All I require in my beer life is for Bell's to open up distribution anywhere within 100 miles of me... I need Two-Hearted in my world just as much as another 594.

(Cause for celebration: a particularly good doc's visit today lets my beer shenanigans continue. #thankful)
I’m loving that 4 out of your 5 have a distinct Guiness look about them and probably a similarity in taste!

I grew up in an area that produced real ales, so I was spoilt as far as amazing tasting beers. Adnams (Southwold), Woodfordes and Greene King to name a few.

I’m a bit of a beer/cider wh@r€ and with all the amazing ales/beers and ciders that the stores stock now, there’s too many to choose from.

I run into this topic in many places and usually there are a few that poo poo cheap, refreshing beers that don't come with some micro pedigree. Me?? Personally, I'll PBR all day and have long before hipsters with big beards decided that it was a cool beer to drink. I'm also a long time Budweiser guy and have no issue with it. My "import" favorites are Daz Shwarz from Germany, a black beer that is very very tasty, I enjoy it much more than any Guinness or Harp styles. I like Celebrator when I can find it, it too is a dark beer but lighter in taste. You can keep your hoppy, bitter beers, I'm not buying something I don't like the taste of just so others can see me drink it.

Celebrator is fantastic. That is a seriously good beer. I'll have to look for Daz Shwarz. I'm also with you on IPAs. Not my thing. More power to those that enjoy them.

Celebrator is fantastic. That is a seriously good beer. I'll have to look for Daz Shwarz. I'm also with you on IPAs. Not my thing. More power to those that enjoy them.
IPA’s are about relaxing into the flavour!

Our palates are pre-programmed these days to want something that is cold, fizzy with a slight tang.

I’m lucky enough to have a neighbour that brews his own. At a party in the summer he gave me some Grapefruit pale ale, the first mouthful confused the hell out my tastebuds, but it was so good and very potent, about 8-10%.

Needless to say I didn’t have too many!!:D:confused:

IPA’s are about relaxing into the flavour!

Our palates are pre-programmed these days to want something that is cold, fizzy with a slight tang.

I’m lucky enough to have a neighbour that brews his own. At a party in the summer he gave me some Grapefruit pale ale, the first mouthful confused the hell out my tastebuds, but it was so good and very potent, about 8-10%.

Needless to say I didn’t have too many!!:D:confused:

My palate must be old :p cuz it wants darky, toasty, and malty. Something to go with a cigar (other than whisky). Stouts, porters, bocks....dark stuff. Plus, any good tripel or quad, preferably made by monks. A good Hefe works as well. Basically, anything under 60 ibu works.

My palate must be old :p cuz it wants darky, toasty, and malty. Something to go with a cigar (other than whisky). Stouts, porters, bocks....dark stuff. Plus, any good tripel or quad, preferably made by monks. A good Hefe works as well. Basically, anything under 60 ibu works.
My old palate enjoyed several dark fruit ciders over the festive period!! Most days I was very, very drunk!

Wasn’t sure if this belonged to the snowstorm thread also. He so very nearly says “dragons breath”!

When PRS makes a range of beers they could call one “Dragons Breath”

Check out “Suits you” with Johnny Depp from the Fast Show. It’s NSFF but very funny!

Preview:

“You’re an American aren’t you sir....”

And that’s all I can quote:eek::confused:

I’m loving that 4 out of your 5 have a distinct Guiness look about them and probably a similarity in taste!

I grew up in an area that produced real ales, so I was spoilt as far as amazing tasting beers. Adnams (Southwold), Woodfordes and Greene King to name a few.

I’m a bit of a beer/cider wh@r€ and with all the amazing ales/beers and ciders that the stores stock now, there’s too many to choose from.

We're at the peak of stout/porter/warmer season so I'm trying to branch out and better learn the local offerings. Before the craft beer market really got going in the US (early 90s, especially), one of our lifelines for escaping lager hell was access to proper Scotch ales and British browns. We couldn't always get the best stuff but it was vastly superior to anything fizzy, yellow, and 4%. I enjoy a wide range of styles but have to have a good punch of flavor, be it in the form of fresh hops or coffee/oatmeal/chololate/toffee. The winter IPAs available now are some of my favorites, too.

dQc8Z4pg.jpg

It blows my mind how the cider market has taken off in the last five or so years. Not quite my thing but I've certainly had some tasty ones. (None quite as good as the hard cider we made in Michigan back in the last century, but oh well. :D )

I just can't get with hoppy beers. Never had an IPA that I was a fan of. I'm big on any kind of whit or hefe, but also enjoy a nice stout.

Name bias and killer label aside, it's a truly excellent winter seasonal, heavy on toasty malt goodness with bits of near toffee. Highly recommended.

There are only a couple companies that control the liquor market in Maryland, so not everything is available to us. I'll see if I can find Sleigh'R though.

I just can't get with hoppy beers. Never had an IPA that I was a fan of. I'm big on any kind of whit or hefe, but also enjoy a nice stout.
I’ll give almost any stout a try.
I passed on IPAs for a long time but have found a few craft versions in the last year that I quite like. I keep a small stash of Dogfish Head 120 minute for when I feel the urge for a good one.

I'm still just putting a lime in anything and pretending it's a Corona. I mostly drink Tecate because it's cheap. I save my money for champagne and tequila.

Back