Let's talk about Beer, man!

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's legal, you just have to declare that it's beer, plus the volume and alcohol percentages.

You don't happen to have access to Pliny the Elder do you? I'll PayPal gift you (and love you forever and ever) :)

iron-maiden-trooper-beer-can.jpg

I first bought this for a laugh because my wife was such a huge Iron Maiden fan back in the 80s/90s - but to my pleasant surprise it isn't just a gimmick,this a very nice beer indeed (we get it in bottles in the UK which, as any fule kno, makes it taste even better...).

I first bought this for a laugh because my wife was such a huge Iron Maiden fan back in the 80s/90s - but to my pleasant surprise it isn't just a gimmick,this a very nice beer indeed (we get it in bottles in the UK which, as any fule kno, makes it taste even better...).

We had bottles initially, but just cans now. I've seen the bottles exactly once, and the cans the same number of times.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

It's legal, you just have to declare that it's beer, plus the volume and alcohol percentages.

You don't happen to have access to Pliny the Elder do you? I'll PayPal gift you (and love you forever and ever) :)
I totally missed this earlier, I'm sorry!

I have not seen Pliny the Elder. there's a fantastic liquor store near me and I can ask if they can get it. They don't have an Arizona distributor according to their website.

So, okay, we can PM about the Hop Shock if you want. I don't know how much it will cost to ship or anything yet. Do you (or does anyone) happen to know who is the cheapest international shipper from the US?

N-E4uqE05TMM3FkH2GtfIyOzelRN6uZEL0uaey-8NE_UcW1M2BxVyc2O98GePfEYvcolqsYBrzDAmDiN2IPOVgRwDcgHPFZIyHdGHn1mriIYXTgLEZyGFHQzpSj0d-3l_abb-8xqiId77pTam9yLqvUrCxkMt4unb6IywTkojzCK75IRoN0QcmDdgAaOYrdvjZwIDB0B6GWuMWICFRZMQ9g_jijK6PCzDCLkzqQyM-ZuweF83UsFnvgYVceVKglAlwx5Pri8zw0GwudzZMjzrcv-PrW4VeCMMnUNWpQrjBD1dd4tlVb22iS1-DXzhgv8RfCt6bQ9srL95JkzYcbBGLLVIAAB2ex9RIGi-kXlcXohjHWdWUPKVZLIGPcRHXVnUoPvdzsrJSvEzPVDooaf97cq7xpeJ4X-QM2fC8mqnh8Q6XOcydiiU_ekgrlvFVUF97iKQ8K7xet3wIHvLyl2dWpzOAadIw5Qlq-l1YtQYMEg3yQxAQe9FM1ZyEBbLJ5b0MA3PiT3R8uAPU-VHjZcu2rRwOJyOoXVTrqasA4kuCk=w546-h969-no

I´m friend of non-alcohilic white beer. My brands of choice are Erdinger (apparently made in Erding, Bavaria, Germany) and Schneider Weisse (brewed in Kelheim, Bavaria, Germany).

It's all about Oktoberfest beers for me right now.
:beer:

Being honest, the first time I enjoyed Oktoberfest I drank Steins following Steins.
I was assigned to a military leadership course in Munich (lasting a full year), bonding with my comrads ;-)

A few years later I came back to Munich for my academical education at university, and of course, I moved with my wife to Munich, then into the southern countryside because of an assigment in the Mountain Infantry Brigade.
Therefore I visited the Oktoberfest very often. As a student one year I jobbed as a bouncer in one of those tents at Oktoberfest. Since this episode I never ever drank alcohol at the Oktoberfest or other local Beer Fests I attended to.
Quite a couple of them, too. Celebrating university exam being sober among all those sloshed friends was a very impressive experience.

At Erdinger brewery I took the opportunity of a tour through the factory twice, Schneider Weisse at Kelheim I visited three times, but all as more or less military venues. First time army officer candidate crew event, second time with the corps of officers and NCOs of my company, third time sharing friendship with one of my US Army officer comrades and our spouses.

A question: Are there any compliance issues showing beverage due to youth protection law? That said I would like to open a thread showing whisky and a PRS (I got only one.) as the magic couple. I took a few pictures because I like the combination of that amber shaded spirituous beverages and my guitar in Black Gold. And I´m curious what you got in your house bars ;-)

Thanks in advance!

I went to South Florida last year to visit my mother who just happens to live right down the street from Nicko McBrain's restaurant. Of course I had to order some Trooper beer while I was there.

And you know what? That's OK. I'm not one to say you should like beer, so if you don't like it, you don't like it!

But...I am one to suggest that if all you have ever had is Miller (lite or regular), Bud, PBR, and maybe a Heineken or Stella Artois, then you owe it to yourself to try some other types like Belgian Dubbels/Tripels, Quads, or Stouts/Porters (Guinness is a good entry point there), and something like an American-style IPA (Dogfish Head 60 min might be a good starter). Or any of the other styles like Saisons, Flemish Sours, Amber or Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, wheat beers like Hoegaarden (or even the US mass market equivalents like Blue Moon or Shock Top), and on and on. There are so many taste profiles out there that if you can like beer, you find your way. I have successfully introduced craft beers to so many people who thought all beer tasted like Bud or Corona, and they really liked that Fat Tire or Hoegaarden or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. And then discovered all the other great tastes, or sometimes stayed with what they liked - one of my co-workers really likes wheat beers, and not much else, and good for him!

But if you honestly don't like any kind of malty-hoppy beery taste, then none of those are going to appeal to you, and as I said, that's OK!

There's a concoction that's made with Guinness, milk, nutmeg and egg. It's a West Indian thing.

I can't say I drink the true Munich lagers to often, I like a lot of the local micro brews Marzen style Oktoberfest beers. My favorite( New Glarus Staghorn) seems to be pulled from the shelves in favor of some pumpkin crap beer. Not happy. Maybe I jump back to one of the real Oktoberfest brews this week.

Are you talking about pics of guitars with liquor? I don't think there's any rule against that.

:beer:

Being honest, the first time I enjoyed Oktoberfest I drank Steins following Steins.
I was assigned to a military leadership course in Munich (lasting a full year), bonding with my comrads ;-)

A few years later I came back to Munich for my academical education at university, and of course, I moved with my wife to Munich, then into the southern countryside because of an assigment in the Mountain Infantry Brigade.
Therefore I visited the Oktoberfest very often. As a student one year I jobbed as a bouncer in one of those tents at Oktoberfest. Since this episode I never ever drank alcohol at the Oktoberfest or other local Beer Fests I attended to.
Quite a couple of them, too. Celebrating university exam being sober among all those sloshed friends was a very impressive experience.

At Erdinger brewery I took the opportunity of a tour through the factory twice, Schneider Weisse at Kelheim I visited three times, but all as more or less military venues. First time army officer candidate crew event, second time with the corps of officers and NCOs of my company, third time sharing friendship with one of my US Army officer comrades and our spouses.

A question: Are there any compliance issues showing beverage due to youth protection law? That said I would like to open a thread showing whisky and a PRS (I got only one.) as the magic couple. I took a few pictures because I like the combination of that amber shaded spirituous beverages and my guitar in Black Gold. And I´m curious what you got in your house bars ;-)

Thanks in advance!

*too
tried editing my post on 2 devices and the whole thing comes up blank

My family must really love me! This is my holiday gift - the first of 3 bi-monthly shipments (mix of import and domestic micro brews). Opened up two so far... delicious! The Ridgeway Brewing "Imperial Barley Wine" was soooo smooth!

I specifically asked for a PRS leather guitar strap, but I got this instead. Either way - they know my vices! :)

zGD60Cg.jpg

Back