Let's talk about Beer, man!

Thanks, I got lucky to know the guys at Kalamazoo and Rogue, not only do they make great beer, but they're good people too

As for Stevensville, well... Tell Paul if he wants to open one up in the factory there, pub or micro, I'll be more than happy to run it for him! :D

Last edited:
It's made in Texas. Nuff said.

I started an IV drip of this stuff while at UT.

shiner-bock.jpg

I don't like the mild American beers. Give me something with some flavor like a Guinness, Tucher Dunkle, or some of the IPAs (Two Hearted, Harpoon). Also like Unibrou's Trois Pistoles for a hearty strong ale. Dammit, now you've made me thirsty and it's late and all I've got left in the fridge is a couple of Sam Adams Imperial Stout! This stuff is very strong and bitter. The Guinness runs away and hides when I pull one of these out.

Mmmmmm:

The finest!

My Bird's got me on this at the moment though :(

It's not bad, but there is just something 'wrong' about low calorie beer......

Tiger Light is OK, as is the full fat stuff.
Myanmar Lager is pretty tasty, which came as a pleasant surprise when I was over in Burma recently. ( I have some pics somewhere... )
Beer Lao when in Laos is pretty good, I know a lot of guys in Thailand who drink it over Thai beer
In Cambodia I'd go for Anchor, not Angkor ( the latter tastes like formaldahyde, as does the Thai beer Chang )
Tsing Dao in China is pretty good, be careful not to sup any of the fake stuff though ( seriously!! )
Obviously San Miguel Light whilst in the Philippines is the tipple of choice.
Indonesia and Malaysia don't have local beer, for fairly obvious reasons :(

I've had plenty of Singha (it's a NAMM tradition), but I haven't explored many of the other Asian beers. It looks like I need to do some research.

I've had plenty of Singha (it's a NAMM tradition), but I haven't explored many of the other Asian beers. It looks like I need to do some research.

Ah sweet Singha how I miss you. I only get to sample it on the rare occasions when I'm out and they don't have SanMig L handy. The things we do for love!

One more I'd like to recommend for that highly scientific research was my mainstay when I lived in Cyprus:

KEO!!!!

Ah sweet Singha how I miss you. I only get to sample it on the rare occasions when I'm out and they don't have SanMig L handy. The things we do for love!

[/IMG][/URL]

You have it made. Singha and authentic Thai food. Nice!

I've never been to Thailand, but it's on my "must see" list.

Fullers ESB & London Pride or Morlands Old Speckled Hen . All premier ales . Cant go wrong with any of them . Givem a go !

Fullers ESB & London Pride or Morlands Old Speckled Hen . All premier ales . Cant go wrong with any of them . Givem a go !

I've had Fuller's London Pride and Old Speckled Hen. Both are top notched English brews! I'll have to track down some Fuller's ESB and give it a try.

bluemoon1.jpg

I've been all over Blue Moon Belgian White w/ orange slices since the weather warmed up and the Pizzeria next to where I work has Magic Hat #9 on tap!

If you haven't had either of these jewels, stop what you're doing, it's libation time...

Last edited:
I've had Fuller's London Pride and Old Speckled Hen. Both are top notched English brews! I'll have to track down some Fuller's ESB and give it a try.

ESB is stronger (5.9%) and bit more fruity than London Pride . Is a fantastic drop IMHO . Absolute Nectar ! Had the pleasure of touring the Fullers Brewery in Chiswick , London a few months agao . Sampled quite a few of their offerings . . Quite enjoyable and then we staggered off !

After having lived in the UK and Ireland for the past twenty five years, I've become a bit of a European beer devotee...

Becks, Kronenbourg 1664 and of course Guinness (actually a stout) top the list for me.

Leffe is nickname for Leif in Sweden....i once heard a cool cover on Sabbath Sweet leaf sung in swedish called Svettiga Leffe,translated Sweaty Leif....hmmm with that i will have a cold Norrlands guld

Back