Let's talk about Beer, man!

I always buy Canadian when it’s available. I’m a big fan of Moosehead, Molson’s Golden, and LaBatt Blue.

I used to pound Molson Ice anywhere I could find it when I was in college back in 1986-1990...

Another great one from MD., and among the very best of its style in the country:

Duckpin Pale Ale from Union Craft Brewing in Bmore. Seriously fantastic!

I kind of forgot about this thread but I had a really great beer journey this summer.

I found out I'm really really sick of IPA's and I'm really into sour beers. I found the sour beers amazingly refreshing in the summer heat. Anything that says "gose" on it, I'll buy it. Triton Brewery in Indianapolis has a couple great goses. Also dogfish head has a great "seaquench ale" that's pretty sour and available at a lot of grocery stores. Rhinegeist bubbles is a sour rosé beer that looks a little feminine but, dang, it's great.

I kind of forgot about this thread but I had a really great beer journey this summer.

I found out I'm really really sick of IPA's and I'm really into sour beers. I found the sour beers amazingly refreshing in the summer heat. Anything that says "gose" on it, I'll buy it. Triton Brewery in Indianapolis has a couple great goses. Also dogfish head has a great "seaquench ale" that's pretty sour and available at a lot of grocery stores. Rhinegeist bubbles is a sour rosé beer that looks a little feminine but, dang, it's great.

I totally hit up the sours in the summer. Seaquench pair so well with Mexican food.

Avery Liliko'i Kepolo is a white ale with passionfruit, and I guess that's a sour ale of a sort. Good stuff! You could tell me the passionfruit was grapefruit and I'd totally believe it. I think it's the first sour I've tried (so far) that I've wanted to buy a second time.

I include a sour in every tasting. Some have been hideous, but a few have been excellent.

A friend of mine sent me a tankard for my birthday. I don't think I've ever had beer from a tankard before, but it has become my go-to vessel for beer drinking. It has a handle and double wall insulation, so the beer stays colder, longer. Plus, when I "Cheers" with someone, my metal tankard crushes their beer glass.

A friend of mine sent me a tankard for my birthday. I don't think I've ever had beer from a tankard before, but it has become my go-to vessel for beer drinking. It has a handle and double wall insulation, so the beer stays colder, longer. Plus, when I "Cheers" with someone, my metal tankard crushes their beer glass.

Please tell me you "ARRRGGHHHH" like a pirate when you use it, too!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

About 30 years ago (cough, ahem, ahem!) I used to drink in a small country pub, in a village I lived in. Me and my friends all had tankards at the bar. Mine had fish as a handle. A couple of friends had ones with a glass bottom. So the story goes, the glass bottom was so you could see if an adversary was about to launch an attack on you, as you drank your real ale. This, I am told is from medieval times!

Innis and Gunn makes some very nice beer.
Today I tried Frank and Sense. Made with frankincense and myrrh. Really good and packaged in an orange bag.
My son and his GF got me a gift basket for my birthday with a dozen different lesser known and local brews to try.
Not one had I tried before, so nicely done!
Anyway, the Innis and Gunn were at the top of the list.

Back