Let's talk about Beer, man!

I'm rather fond of a local brewery flavor...
Palmetto Brewing Co. - Huger Street IPA

Can't find a pic... guess I'll have to go to Charleston and have some for photographic evidence!

Shock+Top+Raspberry+Wheat.JPG

Blue Moon is my go to beer. I enjoy porters, and stouts, and some of my favorites are gnarly barley brewing peanut butter korova milk porter, Ballast Point Victory at Sea Porter, Maui Brewing Coconut Hiwa Porter, Left hand brewing Milk Stout, and the seasonal Abita Strawberry Lager.

I dig brown ales this time of year. A local to me(Next Door Brewing)does up a nice imperial brown ale called Brewbacca that is delicious. I should grab a growler this weekend along with the Solo 4K movie and have some couch time with the pooch.

Stout isn't usually my go-to beer of choice during the summer months, but this was on the menu and I ordered it. It's surprisingly light and very drinkable. Plus, it has an awesomely naughty name and each purchase helps restore the oyster population in the Chesapeake Bay. Flying Dog - Oyster Stout.

View attachment 6651

I guess oyster stouts are just supposed to have a cool name... Abita brewing has one called Bad Mother Shucker....LOL

I'm an IPA addict. Southern Tier (from the Buffalo, NY region) is my favorite brewer. Their 2XIPA, Harvest Ale, Old Man Winter Ale, and 2XONE are staples in my beer frig. I do enjoy 90 Minute DFH and their newer Liquid Truth Serum. Great Lakes Brewing (from Cleveland) is also a staple at home - Commodore Perry IPA, Christmas Ale and the big imperials - Great Lakes Monster & Chillwave are excellent.
I will enjoy a good chocolate or coffee stout in the winter though. Since I discovered "craft beer" about six years ago, it's amazing the flavors and hop palettes I've discovered. And for those summer, lawn mowing crush a beer or two days - it's Labatt Blue or Straubs.

Back