Let's talk about Beer, man!

I just discovered that my local grocery store carries 6-packs (cans) of Great Divide Claymore scotch ale, and I'm one happy camper. I think I like it just a hair better than Oskar Blues Old Chub, which also makes me think life is just a little better when I open one. Some darn fine beer comes out of Colorado!

I just discovered that my local grocery store carries 6-packs (cans) of Great Divide Claymore scotch ale, and I'm one happy camper. I think I like it just a hair better than Oskar Blues Old Chub, which also makes me think life is just a little better when I open one. Some darn fine beer comes out of Colorado!

Indeed, big Great Divide fan here. Can't recall the year, but Oak Aged Yeti was my gateway, back when it had a blue and silver label.

This thread needs life!

Had the opportunity to try a new one (to me) on tap over the weekend: Bad Jimmy's Whale Tail Pale. Very hoppy and nearly 8%, nice & dry.

G1CHY3t.jpg

I have a special one in the fridge for later though...
Great perspective on that shot and in the comment too!

When I first looked at it, it reminded me of a glass tea cup!:D

Indeed, big Great Divide fan here. Can't recall the year, but Oak Aged Yeti was my gateway, back when it had a blue and silver label.

Oak Aged Yeti.....YUMMY!

I had a Belgium Black this weekend with lunch. Man, not a fan. I won't list the brewery, but I think I'll stay away from this style. Dry finish/mouthfeel, and a peculiar aftertaste that I couldn't place.

Oak Aged Yeti.....YUMMY!

I had a Belgium Black this weekend with lunch. Man, not a fan. I won't list the brewery, but I think I'll stay away from this style. Dry finish/mouthfeel, and a peculiar aftertaste that I couldn't place.
Read “Oak aged Yeti” and this came to mind -

Ok I know some nerd is gonna have to correct me and tell me Groot is an Elm or an Ash!:D

Oak Aged Yeti.....YUMMY!

Yeti is still parked at the top of my stout list. Any contender wanting to knock it off the pedestal had better pack a lunch.

Saw your comments about that brew in the other thread and meant to reply but forgot. From your description I'd steer clear myself, that does not sound terribly pleasant. Some stouts get... over-manipulated, for lack of a better term, and in trying to be different, sometimes bad things happen.

Should you ever find yourself up here though, we'll have to hit up Fremont. Killer local stuff, they are my heroes.

Yeti is still parked at the top of my stout list. Any contender wanting to knock it off the pedestal had better pack a lunch.

Saw your comments about that brew in the other thread and meant to reply but forgot. From your description I'd steer clear myself, that does not sound terribly pleasant. Some stouts get... over-manipulated, for lack of a better term, and in trying to be different, sometimes bad things happen.

Should you ever find yourself up here though, we'll have to hit up Fremont. Killer local stuff, they are my heroes.

I'm down for the spoiler!

As for the stout, I love Yeti, but the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, and Bourbon County Coffee Stout, would give it a run. You've been away too long. Have you managed to track down any of the Goose Island craze? People camp out overnight prior to annual release day in the hopes of scoring a 4 pack.

I forgot to mention tacos in the spoiler but assumed their presence was axiomatic.

As for the stout, I love Yeti, but the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, and Bourbon County Coffee Stout, would give it a run. You've been away too long. Have you managed to track down any of the Goose Island craze? People camp out overnight prior to annual release day in the hopes of scoring a 4 pack.

You bet! I had a killer minion in the beer department at my Texas shop, and he'd squirrel Bourbon County away for me. Oddly enough, only a few people (mostly northern transplants) seemed hip to it, and I ended up getting it on sale. Cheating. I think it was $12/bottle (2015).

The only problem is... since then, I've had a few terrible barrel-aged experiences lately, where the end product tasted like a shot of crappy cheap booze instead of a stout. It put me off the style entirely for now, sadly. Maybe I'll be able to revisit it later.

I forgot to mention tacos in the spoiler but assumed their presence was axiomatic.

You bet! I had a killer minion in the beer department at my Texas shop, and he'd squirrel Bourbon County away for me. Oddly enough, only a few people (mostly northern transplants) seemed hip to it, and I ended up getting it on sale. Cheating. I think it was $12/bottle (2015).

The only problem is... since then, I've had a few terrible barrel-aged experiences lately, where the end product tasted like a shot of crappy cheap booze instead of a stout. It put me off the style entirely for now, sadly. Maybe I'll be able to revisit it later.

That's sad, but I know where you're coming from!

I came back to this thread just now to see what, if anything, anyone had to say about that Stone vs MC lawsuit, and now I have huge hankering for a Triple IPA or similar, followed by a barrel-aged stout or similar.

It isn't 5 o'clock yet guys, you're killing me!

I came back to this thread just now to see what, if anything, anyone had to say about that Stone vs MC lawsuit, and now I have huge hankering for a Triple IPA or similar, followed by a barrel-aged stout or similar.

It isn't 5 o'clock yet guys, you're killing me!

Hadn't read about that, I was literally drinking (rare for where I live) fresh Stone DIPAs last night with one of their Innovation Team guys, Jeremy.

Ruination and Lorel & Dr. Rudi's Inevitable Adventure. The latter tasting damn fine, a great pairing of 2 very different hops. I'd been off hops lately and seeking out mostly sours, but those 2 beers reminded me why hops are awesome!

Back