Let's talk about Beer, man!

Wish I could figure out how to embed the actual image in the post.

Almost got it! You just need to give the forum the right Imgur link ending with image file type, in this case:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PtlaEM4.jpg[/img]

Which yields:

PtlaEM4.jpg

PRAISE BELL'S! I used to live 10 mins from the mothership in Kalamazoo. Haven't had a Best Brown since 2000...

Two-Hearted and Oberon I've been able to, uh, secure more recently, as well as some Cherry Stout. I'd die for a Hopslam right now though. Cheers!

(I'm on the wagon for a while too, @Shawn@PRS , you shan't suffer alone.)

Augustiner Lagerbier Hell.

It’s not an IPA or an ale or Trappist thing, it’s just a beer but I think it’s the best in the world.

Clean, refreshing, perfect taste profile, no hump, not too malty, not too gassy, good strength. It’s still made by monks in Munich.

I dunno if it’s got in the states but I imagine it’d be expensive or grouped with craft beers for being ‘exotic’

I had a RAR Nanticoke Nectar with dinner last night. It's pretty damn hoppy, but with no bitter aftertaste. For those coming to the Experience this year, or anyone else in the Mid Atlantic area, you should check out this brewery. Their stuff is primo

Went to a local place called Old Mecklenburg Brewery over the weekend. They just started offering a 1 liter stein. Great beer, large quantities, good food, and live music. Just what the doctor ordered!

This thread needs life!

Had the opportunity to try a new one (to me) on tap over the weekend: Bad Jimmy's Whale Tail Pale. Very hoppy and nearly 8%, nice & dry.

G1CHY3t.jpg

I have a special one in the fridge for later though...

Begun the Beer War has. :eek:

Interesting. I would say Stone has a solid, maybe rock-hard, case here (yuk yuk). But IANAL.

Also interesting was the side-fact that Lagunitas is now 100% owned by Heineken. That is sad.

Interesting. I would say Stone has a solid, maybe rock-hard, case here (yuk yuk). But IANAL.

Also interesting was the side-fact that Lagunitas is now 100% owned by Heineken. That is sad.

Yeah, I'd be amazed if any of that could end well for M/C.

Part of me gets bummed about the acquisitions, but then I try to put myself in the original owner's position. As happened with Ballast Point a few years ago, when the offers came in, would I be able to turn down that many digits? I'd like to scream yes in the interest of good craft beer, but c'mon. I support the local/regional outfits almost exclusively these days.

Back