Let's talk about Beer, man!

fave as of late.. thx BAY AREA !

9481908468_5a7796d765_b.jpg

What's the name of that stuff we drink at Tsunami???

Logo is a statue peeing fountain or something.

It's mega tasty.

I like to drink locally whenever possible. Here's a few from the Minneapolis area that I enjoy.

zldt2o.jpg

Fulton is great. I enjoy the Lonely Blonde (Blonde Ale) and the Sweet Child of Vine (a very approachable, yet satisfying, IPA).

24b13k8.gif

I've yet to meet a Surly I haven't liked. Furious is one of their staples.

15678cz.jpg

Summit is the local big guy. They've been around a long time, but the Saga IPA is amazing.

5wbo4.jpg

Another newer player in this area, but the pale ale is good.

If I'm having something more national I'll stick with Bell's Two Hearted, New Belgium Ranger IPA or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Torpedo IPA. Leinie's Amber is also good. Truth be told I also like High Life out of a bottle on a hot summer day.

I've been hitting the Oktoberfest this past week or so. Of the 4 I've had I like them in this order.
1)Capital Brewery(local)
2)New Glarus Brewing Staghorn(local)
3)Sam Adams
4)Leinie's - really used to enjoy this but it's taken a turn for the worse. Last 12 pack seemed really bland.

I like to drink locally whenever possible. Here's a few from the Minneapolis area that I enjoy.

zldt2o.jpg

I enjoy the Lonely Blonde
Don't we all? :D

I love beers with flavor.

All time favorite = Austiner Edelstoff - I can't buy it in Indiana unfortunately. I learned to love it living in Munich.
One of my favorite Wheat beers. Great on a hot day. = Erdinger Weissbier
Great winter lager = Paulaner
Great US beer on a hot day = Leinenkugel Summer Shandy or Blue Moon.
One of my current favorites = Magic Hat #9
Best beer brewed at home was a Nut Brown Ale made from ingredients purchased from Northern Brewers Supply house.

Many others depending on the occasion.

Forgot about two others I highly recommend people try.

Trey Pistoles is awesome. It's been one of my go to favorites for about six years.

Another great one I discovered about a year ago.

Tank 7 farmhouse ale.

We tried several attempts at brewing pumpkin beers, none were great, sadly. It was really interesting how you have to go about it. The pumpkin needs to be roasted to extract the sugars and intensify the flavor. Then it goes in some hot water, maybe 140 degrees, with an enzyme and sits for around an hour. The enzyme digests all the fiberous pumpkin material and leaves you with a pot of smooth pumpkin liquid that is the base of your boil. It's actually kinda gross having something digest your food for you before you drink it, but then it's not much different than yeast turning sugar into CO2 and alcohol. :)

trooper01.jpg

Had this last night at the Grog Shop in Cleveland Heights, OH while watching Vintage Trouble. I'm not a big beer drinker, but it was pretty tasty - maybe a bit on the sweet side.

San Diego has become a hot bed of local breweries. I propose a west coast brewery tasting / PRS Experience where I hereby promise to keep buying Shawn beers until he gives in and does another run of the forum truss rod covers...

I can't wait to hit MD Wednesday. I haven't had a beer since the weight loss contest started. I am due. Big time.

Back