Let's see those modded PRS's

My Mod #2
My previously done mod project is my Modern Eagle Quatro. It has been 'trimmed' the chunky Pattern rosewood neck shape down by almost 3 millimeters for extreme comfortability, also the bulky neck heel has been cleared out for better access.
The dark, low output 53/10 really didn't fit my preference so I sold them and bought a set of Bare Knuckle Aftermath - it's the best pickups I've ever used in my life so far.
Currently the stock bridge has been replaced with Paul's Guitar bridge for a bit of highs increment, but sorry for not having a full body shot.
kPzVmA7.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Dang, that is awesome! Can you talk a bit more about your process?? I'm thinking of turning a wide-fat SE or two into a wide-thin SE.

Did you do the whole thing with the dremel?

I was kind of planning to heat-strip the poly (...razor blade to create a demarcation at the neck joint?) and then use sandpaper or maybe a rasp to carefully start removing material, but I hadn't really arrived at a method of keeping things uniform, or making it actually match the wide-thin profile. I do have a dremel tool though, so that's definitely an option, albeit one I had not previously considered.

I’m curious, how does the Lace single coil sound in neck of your Korina Santana? What pup do you have in the bridge? Looks like cool mod. I saw this guitar when you posted it in some other thread.

You know, I kinda go back and forth on the Lace. With dirt it’s great but clean it’s kinda boring sounding, I’m still trying to find my ultimate neck position single coil guitar.

The bridge pickup is the stock Mira that comes/came in these guitars and I’ve never felt it was lacking in any way.

You know, I kinda go back and forth on the Lace. With dirt it’s great but clean it’s kinda boring sounding, I’m still trying to find my ultimate neck position single coil guitar.

The bridge pickup is the stock Mira that comes/came in these guitars and I’ve never felt it was lacking in any way.
When I had a Mira I liked bridge pup but really loved 59/09 neck split with the resistors on the push/pull tone. I found the most useful split single coil tones with TCI Paul’s / MEV. If you ever want to try something different I have a Lindy Fralin Twangmaster neck pup sitting around. If you want to check it out in that guitar it’s not doing me any good in a drawer. Since you’re using a single coil in neck you would probably like it. Very great Fender single coil sound. PM me I’ll send it if you’re willing to try it. If you like it, no loss to me if you don’t send it back.

When I had a Mira I liked bridge pup but really loved 59/09 neck split with the resistors on the push/pull tone. I found the most useful split single coil tones with TCI Paul’s / MEV. If you ever want to try something different I have a Lindy Fralin Twangmaster neck pup sitting around. If you want to check it out in that guitar it’s not doing me any good in a drawer. Since you’re using a single coil in neck you would probably like it. Very great Fender single coil sound. PM me I’ll send it if you’re willing to try it. If you like it, no loss to me if you don’t send it back.

Aww thanks, buddy! That’s awfully kind of you.

You know, I don’t know what I’m feeling about that guitar at the moment. I just got a notification that some track I used it on a few years ago finally came out, and listening to it... it doesn’t sound that bad.

If you skip to 2:40 you can hear it.

You know, I don’t know what I’m feeling about that guitar at the moment. I just got a notification that some track I used it on a few years ago finally came out, and listening to it... it doesn’t sound that bad.

Sounds pretty damn good, to me!

Guitar 10: 2016 McCarty 594

Minimalist mod! From the outset, this was the closest thing to a perfect guitar for me. I kept it stock for a couple years. The only thing I didn't like was the treble loss when turning down the volumes. I don't understand the decision to do modern wiring without a treble bleed on these. To me, it doesn't seem in spirit with the vintage tones the guitar is built for.

So all I did was rewire the tone controls to Gibson 50's style. Small change, but a big improvement in dynamics when riding the volume controls.

2wzI0m8h.jpg

Sounds excellent to me! You’re doing a rhythm in that also? BTW I didn’t skip to 240 listen to the whole thing pretty funky and soulful sounding

Very Daft Punk, Random Access Memories :)

Sounds excellent to me! You’re doing a rhythm in that also? BTW I didn’t skip to 240 listen to the whole thing pretty funky and soulful sounding

No, they just had me come in for a solo (which I barely remember playing).

Very Daft Punk, Random Access Memories :)

Yeah, you could tell what summer that came up with that. :rolleyes:

Back