Let's see those McCarty's (All variants)

Hmmm, see this makes think... you see, I am in the market so I can join this club, but I have been wondering why people would be letting some beautiful specimens go (I'm mainly using reverb). I cant help thinking these are primarily listed because they are just "not as good" as their current owners hoped they would be. Of course, I understand that sometimes there are unique situations that get someone to sell. Fir example, I'm going to sell a 2006 time machine '51 nocaster closet classic that is perfect as far as im concerned, but I just dont play it and desperately want a McCarty 594.

Anyway, just the random thoughts of a hopeful 594 owner that doesnt want to get burned.

I wouldn’t say there was anything wrong with that TED, or that it was “not as good” as I hoped in any way. I bought it used...and it was a killer guitar. When I got the McCarty Singlecut Proto however, it just had little “more” of everything I liked about the TED...so I stopped playing it. It only seemed right to move on such a nice guitar to a new owner who would enjoy it.

My current favorite McCarty...

PS HB2 McCarty 594 Piezo.
For me...this is as close to perfect as it gets.

zQ37WMK.jpg

4JFDyOU.jpg

bslxa5r.jpg

Nn2DwsO.jpg

VZucfK3.jpg

VzQ5DC4.jpg
Dream guitar! Ok, I have like 1,000 dream guitars, but KOA! always rises to the top of the list :)

I wouldn’t say there was anything wrong with that TED, or that it was “not as good” as I hoped in any way. I bought it used...and it was a killer guitar. When I got the McCarty Singlecut Proto however, it just had little “more” of everything I liked about the TED...so I stopped playing it. It only seemed right to move on such a nice guitar to a new owner who would enjoy it.
Now this makes sense to me... someone's Silver medal could be someone else's Gold (...black gold, that is)!!!

I took the S2 Singlecut plunge while visiting Brian's Guitars today. This is a 2020 prototype with a thin Nitro Finish that PRS R&D fooled around with to see how it would look. Very few in the world exist. You can easily see the wood grain thru the blue and the black in the back is already getting check lines. I can't wait to see how this ages. I sure hope PRS continues thinking about releasing thin nitro finishes. I certainly think a market exist for those that prefer vintage styles over the CAB or poly finishes they use.
wTWMqki.jpg

ENlacnD.jpg

Jcp3fbM.jpg

wTWMqki.jpg

I took the S2 Singlecut plunge while visiting Brian's Guitars today. This is a 2020 prototype with a thin Nitro Finish that PRS R&D fooled around with to see how it would look. Very few in the world exist. You can easily see the wood grain thru the blue and the black in the back is already getting check lines. I can't wait to see how this ages. I sure hope PRS continues thinking about releasing thin nitro finishes. I certainly think a market exist for those that prefer vintage styles over the CAB or poly finishes they use.
wTWMqki.jpg

ENlacnD.jpg

Jcp3fbM.jpg

wTWMqki.jpg

Congratulations, bonnie guitar!

wTWMqki.jpg

ENlacnD.jpg

Jcp3fbM.jpg

wTWMqki.jpg
Sweet as!

Here ya go...

Thank you dmatthews... I swear I'm going to figure out how to do the pic uploads, because I am so IN LOVE with this thing. My first Core (and I love my recently new trampas green CE24 semihollow)... but this 594 is another level. I was planning to sell a Custom Shop 2006 Nocaster closet classic to fund this one (it is truly amazing, but I just don't play it). But now, I think I might have to let my 2006/7 Les Paul 60s Standard go - i mean, it's very good, sounds and looks great. But, this 594 is just plain better from my short afternoon test session since she arrived.

Best way to tell if you love a guitar... you can't put it down. That's where I'm at...

Whoa ! This should be titled 'Parade of Outrageously Beautiful Guitars" !

One only need to look at these to get the reason why "PRS" could enter a mature market in 1985, and not only find a place, but firmly hold a spot as a producer of very fine instruments . When I bought my first guitar (A Strat, influenced by Jimi , SRV & Jeff) in 1995, I had not heard of "PRS" . Jimi and SRV and Jeff Beck and Billy Gibbons all either played Brand "F" or "G" . I don't think Jimi e lived to see one. or what SRV may have thought (as he was such a Strat Guy ) . But I'm bettin' that if they were around, (and Jeff & Billy ARE still kickin' ) if they have guitars they just play and cuddle ...

They look like these ones ! :)

This was like looking at a "Parade of Famous / (infamous ?) Ladies of the Adult Film Industry.".. I just could not stop looking !

BTW , some of you guys , obviously know some things about lighting & exposure too (I bought my first real camera, a Nikon F2 in 1978 ) long before the guitar bug bit me ...

Great Show !

Last edited:
Hi, i repost here this message, as probably more 594 owners will look into it.

In the search of a P90 guitar (first idea a Gibson LP Special DC TV Yellow, second a P90 Telecaster) i've found a used '18 594 Soapbar DC.
I've read great things about the 594 model, and i've fallen in love with the P90 of my Nik Huber Krautster II. So the 594 Soapbar can really be the answer to my current GAS.

I can't test the guitar and i will have to purchase it online. I'd like to ask to the owners of this model about tone range, versatility and everything good about this 594.

I play rock (mainly Pearl Jam) and Blues Rock.

Thanks

Did a few modifications to my 594 semi-hollow. Had fun making the rear cover plates out of Gabon ebony. Really tricky to get them suckers exactly right, took a full day. Also made a pickup knob out of the same ebony, that was easier. Couldn't stop there so I ordered some Guilford pick up rings also out of Gabon Ebony. And to finish it off I ordered it truss rod cover out of Gabon ebony with the cool mother of pearl eagle in it from a craftsman in Germany. Don't think there's much plastic left on this thing except the knobs. Love this guitar.

p5(1).jpg

p1(1).jpg

p4(1).jpg

p2(1).jpg

p3(1).jpg

Back