Let's see those McCarty's (All variants)

My current McCarty variants.............

2000 McCarty Archtop

qsQP1kW.jpg

CENZnj6.jpg

2017 WL 594 - Maple neck, Artist top, Swamp Ash back, smoked chrome hardware

G87nhZT.jpg

4OV6M1Y.jpg

T9kd71C.jpg

D7uALua.jpg

2019 (2020 spec) 10 Top 594

FeqCDVZ.jpg

r9mXfQw.jpg

and, just cuz it originated from a McCarty.....2009 WL DGT

ezZYXrw.jpg

dsvoFn2.jpg

vw6ktc4.jpg

eUTA8uX.jpg

My current McCarty variants.............

2000 McCarty Archtop

qsQP1kW.jpg

CENZnj6.jpg

2017 WL 594 - Maple neck, Artist top, Swamp Ash back, smoked chrome hardware

G87nhZT.jpg

4OV6M1Y.jpg

T9kd71C.jpg

D7uALua.jpg

2019 (2020 spec) 10 Top 594

FeqCDVZ.jpg

r9mXfQw.jpg

and, just cuz it originated from a McCarty.....2009 WL DGT

ezZYXrw.jpg

dsvoFn2.jpg

vw6ktc4.jpg

eUTA8uX.jpg

GOOD LAWD MAN!!!! They are ALL GORGEOUS...but the DGT is just...just...just...excuse me, gotta go change my draws.

DAMMIT MAN!

back in late 2005 I finally got around to ordering a McCarty Goldtop through my local indie dealer. 7 months later it showed up and I've been enjoying playing it ever since. I put a little chip in the top paint on the lower bout about 2 years ago; I've made peace with my doing that - now I can find my McCarty in a pile of goldtop McCarty's. In 2002 my same local dealer got me an employee pass to NAMM when it was in Pasadena and I was out in LA on a project staying at a hotel in Santa Monica that was a short walk to one of the NAMM Bus Stop hotels. I was able to meet Ted McCarty at that NAMM in the PRS booth, he was in his wheel chair by then, but seemed genuinely pleased to meet people and talk about the guitar Paul had made with his name on it. It was really an honor to have been able to meet him, I told him about my visit to the Kalamazoo Factory back in '74, when I was in college in Lansing MI., a short drive to Kzoo. It was sort of closing a loop knowing that he had been in that very building when those machines were built to produce the ES guitars, and so many others. Just a little personal connection to local history.
https://imgur.com/y5HF83e

Back