Let's see some MODERN EAGLE 1s. Wutcha got?

9Lx4zL3.jpg

the modern eagle family just got a little bigger yesterday. added a singlecut trem to the mix. just happened to also be in Charcoal like my doublecut.

only thing i'm curious about is it says my new ME is a 2012. i thought they were made from like 04-07 or so? it even has written on it "custom built for USA only" which my other ME doesnt have. the serial number is odd too. it starts with a "7" has a space, and then continues with six more numbers. i thought that meant it would be 2007? could this be a special order? the tag that comes with the guitar also says 2012. either way. i'm incredibly satisfied. still need to pull the pickups and see what they are.

my other ME has "ME 2 pickups" which i'm told are just 57/08s? is that true?

9Lx4zL3.jpg

the modern eagle family just got a little bigger yesterday. added a singlecut trem to the mix. just happened to also be in Charcoal like my doublecut.

only thing i'm curious about is it says my new ME is a 2012. i thought they were made from like 04-07 or so? it even has written on it "custom built for USA only" which my other ME doesnt have. the serial number is odd too. it starts with a "7" has a space, and then continues with six more numbers. i thought that meant it would be 2007? could this be a special order? the tag that comes with the guitar also says 2012. either way. i'm incredibly satisfied. still need to pull the pickups and see what they are.

my other ME has "ME 2 pickups" which i'm told are just 57/08s? is that true?

Bangin’!

Probably one of the guitars that got finished a few years later after PRS stopped production on some rosewood guitars after the Gibson raid?

Bangin’!

Probably one of the guitars that got finished a few years later after PRS stopped production on some rosewood guitars after the Gibson raid?

Exactly! Some semi-finished or finished braz rosewood guitars were locked away at PRS until the whole Brazilian Rosewood / CITES thing cleared.
In 2012 some ME1, some 513s and some Korina McCartys with Braz rosewood were released again as "USA" only guitars.
Depending on the level of completion at the time when they stopped the production process, some had 2007 serials and some 2012. Also some had parts from 2007 but others had newer 2012 parts.

Exactly! Some semi-finished or finished braz rosewood guitars were locked away at PRS until the whole Brazilian Rosewood / CITES thing cleared.
In 2012 some ME1, some 513s and some Korina McCartys with Braz rosewood were released again as "USA" only guitars.
Depending on the level of completion at the time when they stopped the production process, some had 2007 serials and some 2012. Also some had parts from 2007 but others had newer 2012 parts.

I think the 2012 series all had 57/08s as opposed to RPs if I'm not mistaken.

I think the 2012 series all had 57/08s as opposed to RPs if I'm not mistaken.

I think the hardware that appeared on those 2012 releases depended on how far along in the build process the guitars were when CITES blew up. As I recall, PRS stopped building Brazzy guitars and set them aside until the storm cleared. Then in 2012 they finished them up with modern appointments (tuners, lampshades, 57/08s) where needed and shipped them out. 2004 woods with 2012 hardware is ideal in my book!

It’s ok. She has a few cousins to keep her from loneliness.

Enjoy you’re new buddy, Paul!
You know those times when you buy a guitar that you've been looking for for a few years and you have high expectations for it....

And then you receive the guitar....

And then it totally blows you away anyway?!?! That was my Friday! Oh my word, what a perfect, perfect guitar!

Weight, check

Balance, check

Tone, oh heck yeah! Check

Playability, check!

Looks, check - FBJ in satin, oh yeah!

Mind blown? Check.

I love the 594, but I might love these ME I SCTs even more!

Thanks again Steve for agreeing to part with this amazing guitar! You just made my year!

Back