Let's see some '80s PRS!

Just picked up an '88 Signature today! Possible the most resonant PRS I have played, very deep tone.

Here she is on the sofa with amint '86 Baby Blue and an '89 Custom 24 (BBQ top but I love her!)

Would love to see some more '80s PRS as I really have a soft spot for these as I fell in love as a teenager!

DSCF0193_zpswvgyhgds.jpg
Man those are killing it! Hey the middle one, did you do a NGD Pron half a year ago?

Man those are killing it! Hey the middle one, did you do a NGD Pron half a year ago?
No, I just got it! Its an '88 Signature. Some amazing guitars on this thread, keep the coming!

Have you guys kept them all stock? The temptation to swap pickups in one is strong but I don't want to mess with them. I need to find an already modded '86 Custom to make my number 1 player.

Interestingly is the effect of the sweet switch and the cocked wah sound sounds completely different in each guitar. I wonder if it is just pickup variation. but I find these early PRS to have great individual character.

You know that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey, where all the apes are going nuts over the appearance of the Monolith?

Congratulations, Markie. Your collection is otherworldly, and beyond beautiful.

Ruger.....that is an aboslute riot! Excellent - photoshop? Or whatever.

Excellent '80's axes gents. Wish I had one to contribute. Alas...only a '90. Not worthy.

Back