Let's Post Some Pics of Our First PRSi!

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

prs custom, purchased brand new at first sight on 2/10/86
i was powerless
it had to be mine once i played it..........

Technically, was first PRS was a beat to **** CE that was literally lifeless. The pickups were dead, the body was trashed and I sold it. I knew that had to be a one off situation so years later I got a Whale Blue, 10 top CU24 in a trade and haven't looked back since.

IMG_0498.JPG

In '05 my wife gifted me with my first American PRS, I had been lusting after one for 20 years and she decided it was about time I had one. It was an Anniversary present. As it turned out, the last one I would get from her. Cancer took her 10 months later. This guitar will NEVER be sold under any circumstances. '04 McCarty (currently has DIIs in it.. lousy pic, but the only one I have of just that one guitar)

04McCarty.jpg

Purchased in 1991, a leftover from a "B" stock event at Chuck Levin's:

IMG_0098.jpg

it came with a 3-way switch, I had it replaced with a 5-way, has the "PRS Electric" logo on the headstock.

the bridge pickup:
IMG_1122.jpg

the neck pickup:
IMG_1130.jpg

I've posted it before, but here it is again! 2005 Custom 22. Bought new by me in 2006. I have changed the pickups for 4 wire DGTs that work with the rotary, added a tremol-no, and changed the knobs.

IMG_20120518_195843.jpg

In '05 my wife gifted me with my first American PRS, I had been lusting after one for 20 years and she decided it was about time I had one. It was an Anniversary present. As it turned out, the last one I would get from her. Cancer took her 10 months later. This guitar will NEVER be sold under any circumstances. '04 McCarty (currently has DIIs in it.. lousy pic, but the only one I have of just that one guitar)

04McCarty.jpg

Beautiful guitar in so many ways.

Here's the first I actually have a pic of (I used to have a CU22 way back, which unfortunately was just beyond help,
as it was worn out, and I was back then not in the position to have it fixed).
but here is the first guitar I had from my "PRSrebirth" so to say, a nice 513:

391247728.jpg

Never bonded with the pickups though, so back it went in favor of my current '58, which I adore!

Here's the first I actually have a pic of (I used to have a CU22 way back, which unfortunately was just beyond help,
as it was worn out, and I was back then not in the position to have it fixed).
but here is the first guitar I had from my "PRSrebirth" so to say, a nice 513:

391247728.jpg

Never bonded with the pickups though, so back it went in favor of my current '58, which I adore!

I love that top and colour! what didn't you like about the pickups?

PRSCE222.jpg

2003 CE 22 with Dragon IIs and McCarty switching. Really like the CE models in general. Completely hooked after this one. Made the mistake of trading it away for a Mesa Lonestar, amp is gone an just recently got a CE back in the fold.

I love that top and colour! what didn't you like about the pickups?
Well, for me it was a bit TOO diverse in tones. I could find good single tones, good rock and inbetween tones,
but all required some tweaking of my amp to get there. If I had been running a digital setup where I could have
custom voiced presets for each pickup type in the 513, that would have been golden, as was I couldn't find that middle ground.
There was always some mid freqs I couldn't dial out when trying to use one amp for all tones.
When I tried the 57/08's in the McCarty it was just like home, didn't needn't o tweak a thing, all positions sounded great.
However, one mans "too much" is another "just perfect", so wouldn't say that the 513's are bad in any way, just that they weren't the sound for me.

Well, for me it was a bit TOO diverse in tones. I could find good single tones, good rock and inbetween tones,
but all required some tweaking of my amp to get there. If I had been running a digital setup where I could have
custom voiced presets for each pickup type in the 513, that would have been golden, as was I couldn't find that middle ground.
There was always some mid freqs I couldn't dial out when trying to use one amp for all tones.
When I tried the 57/08's in the McCarty it was just like home, didn't needn't o tweak a thing, all positions sounded great.
However, one mans "too much" is another "just perfect", so wouldn't say that the 513's are bad in any way, just that they weren't the sound for me.

I have never tried one, I love the idea of them and given the chance I would probably own one but I would expect to tweak it a lot. I bet it would be a dream through a digital system or in the studio! I fight my techy tweaky side and try to just plug in and play so I can completly understand

a3mohy.jpg

9rls7o.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

My first USA PRS. PRS Custom 24 10 Top in Fire Red Burst with 57/08 pickups. The only guitar out of 25 I own that I have not had to change pickups in or change the electronics in. Perfect!

This 513 I got in 2005. Pretty much the same experience as Richard Lainegard - I ended up with a few more that just sounded better to me and I traded it for a Starla and a Singlecut Hollowbody Standard. Then I put 57/08s in my McCarty and if the 513 hadn't already gone, that would have completely killed it for me!

P2020016.jpg

My only PRS to date and this had to be the first... doubt it will be the last! A 2005 ME1 that was sat at the back of a store for years... I waited a long time for this moment and I wouldn't trade for ANY other guitar on the planet!
photo28.jpg

My first two PRSi. Two custom orders.

Artist II (which I still have):

PRS-ARTIINAT.jpg

The other one was a CE natural top with moons that was ordered at the same time. Sadly, I didn't keep a photo of that one, and it is long gone.

Last edited:
5497213383_3a57eb3267_b.jpg

'96 Custom 22, still have it....just try to pry it from cold dead hands.

Don't have a good pic of it, and really wish I did - for that matter, I also wish I'd never sold this one. 94 or 5 (thereabouts) CU 24 in purple with birds...

aahzzhair.jpg

Back