Let's Go Bruins!

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
Anyone else keeping watch of the Stanley Cup Finals?

Between period snack-time..
2CCP9Ab.jpg

As a loooooong suffering Blues fan, I'd dearly love to see them finally win a Cup. How long? I can remember watching on black and white tv with my Dad. I remember listening to KMOX and hearing the St Louis Blues March intro with Dan Kelly saying the words, "The St. Louis Blues are on the air!"-it still raises goosebumps. But I'm enjoying the ride of just being able to watch them play in the finals, I just wish my Dad and best buddy Larry were still around to enjoy this with me. Let's Go Blues!

As a loooooong suffering Blues fan, I'd dearly love to see them finally win a Cup. How long? I can remember watching on black and white tv with my Dad. I remember listening to KMOX and hearing the St Louis Blues March intro with Dan Kelly saying the words, "The St. Louis Blues are on the air!"-it still raises goosebumps. But I'm enjoying the ride of just being able to watch them play in the finals, I just wish my Dad and best buddy Larry were still around to enjoy this with me. Let's Go Blues!
Good for you! Is Al MacInnes still with the organization? Man, I loved watching that guy back in the late eighties when the Flames won the cup and were always up at the top of the league (and sparring with the dastardly Oilers). His slap shot was something to behold!

Good for you! Is Al MacInnes still with the organization? Man, I loved watching that guy back in the late eighties when the Flames won the cup and were always up at the top of the league (and sparring with the dastardly Oilers). His slap shot was something to behold!

He's still listed as a Senior Advisor to the GM. That slapshot of his was something to behold and I'm quite sure many defensemen had nightmares about trying to get in front of that thing going for a block.

When you go back though Blues history, it's crazy the amount of talent that's been through this organization over the last 50 years and yet they've never hoisted a Cup. St Louis is a baseball town, it always has been, but back in the 90's before Tony LaRussa came along they were not exactly setting the world on fire with their play. My buddy Larry and I were known to wear Blues gear to more than a few Cards games back then, free tickets were easy to score, and proceed to get what few people were in our section to chant "Let's Go Blues!" throughout the game. We had a lot of fun, and even the ushers were pretty cool with it and yeah there may have been a few ice cold frosty adult beverages involved. Good times for sure.

Best Blues joke:

You know why you can't get a drink in St Louis?

No cups...

Bruins really outplayed them last night after the first period - Go B's!

Anyone else keeping watch of the Stanley Cup Finals?

Between period snack-time..
2CCP9Ab.jpg

^ Like the IPA you've got running there.

I had a few pints of very nice locally brewed IPA last night. One was especially good, by the name of Kinnoull Red.

Kinnoull hill is situated just outside Perth. You can see all the way to the Tay estuary and it’s very bonnie.

The brewery is a few miles away, along the Carse of Gowrie, at Abernyte.

At 4.7% ABV it’s a potent wee brew!

Last edited:
I had a few pints of very nice locally brewed IPA last night. One was especially good, by the name of Kinnoull Red.

Kinnoull hill is situated just outside Perth. You can see all the way to the Tay estuary and it’s very bonnie.

The brewery is a few miles away, along the Carse of Gowrie, at Abernyte.

At 4.7% ABV it’s a potent wee brew!

Dude...I live in CT. I'd love to meet you for a beer, but I'm not coming to Perth...;)

From Google maps..."Sorry, we could not calculate driving directions from "Rocky Hill, Connecticut" to "The Innis & Gunn Brewery, 22 Inveralmond Pl, Perth PH1 3TS, UK""

The Dogfish Head is from Delaware...I first had it at Experience last year. First one is on me at Experience 2020!:)

My wife is a Ryan O'Rielly Fan, and so a Blues fan even though we live in Sabres territory. I just like watching solid well played Hockey. I've not been disappointed yet.

I didn't understand that trade from Buffalo's side when it happened, but I'm sure glad it did. The Blues don't get where they are at this year without ROR...

Back