Let’s Talk Amp Effects Loops

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by LSchefman, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Tremontinator

Tremontinator New Member

2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I approve, and you know Shawn is down with it!

LSchefman likes this.
  3. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

Heh! That would be true.

Kind of both. If trying to set appreciable clean effects level with good tone (in sequential order, I'd hazard to guess), I think it's fairly straight forward...begin with one effect at a given level and work towards unity gain...(am familiar with the phrase), then move on in the signal chain until all effects produce the desired range of tone and sound quality with respect to overdrive/gain/boost.

Regards DAW plug-ins (yoiks and away)...this area is unfamiliar territory until I learn to do well with it...mostly my Overloud TH3 Brunetti/Rock Amp Collections and several other mastering plug-ins I've acquired in the past 2 or 3 years...

I've got a couple home recording and mic placement books for dummies and idiots (thanks, try the veal, but seriously) that have some merit I've not looked into yet. I think my GarageBand plug-in menu allows me only 5 plug-ins at any given time, though I'd likely only use several (the TH3, or compressor) while allowing for guitar effects or CAB M reverb, delay, etc.

I've not much expertise but have viewed several YT videos on setting up GarageBand and using its audio clip note adjustment abilities for tailoring one's sound, as well as chord key, etc. I've done some limited work in this area...

Here's 2 of my better audio demoes using my Two Notes Torpedo Live and effects, recorded with my core Mira Ltd Ed and 408 several years ago.

https://soundcloud.com/bleujazz3/two-notes-torpedo-live-demo

https://soundcloud.com/bleujazz3/dawn-hunting

#103 CandidPicker, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Candid Picker, I dug the tracks, and hey, what’s not to like? The audio sounds just fine to me, and the playing’s right on!

Nice work!

5. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

Thanks!

Sometimes one just needs to hear someone else's approval of their work to be encouraged. Thanks for your encouragement!

LSchefman likes this.
  6. Tucson Thump

Tucson Thump Mint Heavy Relic

It used to be when you dance you had to decide if you were going to lead or follow. Now you have to be quick on your feet at all times. Post-modern thing.

LSchefman and jxe like this.
  7. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

sir, how very dare you!